Acknowledgements

This section is dedicated to New York City's Books of Wonder, the oldest and largest kids' bookstore in Manhattan. They're located just a few blocks away from Tor Books' offices in the Flatiron Building and every time I drop in to meet with the Tor people, I always sneak away to Books of Wonder to peruse their stock of new, used and rare kids' books. I'm a heavy collector of rare editions of Alice in Wonderland, and Books of Wonder never fails to excite me with some beautiful, limited-edition Alice. They have tons of events for kids and one of the most inviting atmospheres I've ever experienced at a bookstore. 

Books of Wonder: 18 West 18th St, New York, NY 10011 USA +1 212 989 3270

-------------------------------

Many thanks to the people who helped with suggestions and technical details to make this book work: Jacob Appelbaum, Aaron Swartz, Quinn Norton, Tiffiniy Cheng, Nicholas Reville, Holmes Wilson, Joe Trippi, Danny O'Brien, Tim Hardy, Nat Torkington, Thomas Gideon, Roger Dingledine, Barry Warsaw, Gord Doctorow, Roz Doctorow, James Gleick, Lee Maguire.

Thanks to my campmates at Liminal Labs for introducing me to Burning Man and making me so welcome there.

Thanks to John Perry Barlow, John Gilmore, Mitch Kapor and Wil Wheaton for letting me give them a cameo (and thanks again to Gilmore for his plotting suggestions!).

Thanks to my agents, Russ Galen, Danny Baror, Heather Baror, and Justin Manask, for the awesome work in bringing Little Brother and Homeland to the world.

Thanks to all the fans and readers, the librarians and teachers, and hackers and remixers and especially the booksellers who put my books into peoples' hands.

Thanks to my editors, especially Patrick Nielsen Hayden, who has always improved my books.