Chapter Twelve

MIAS POV

"What kind of deal are you fucking talking about?" I question, he was lying, he had to be lying! Adriana wouldn't do that to me! She was my best friend! I had to call her dad, he needed to know what happened.

"I can't tell you what kind of deal it was exactly but what I can tell you is that she wanted to kill you." he spoke slowly as he began to move closer to me. That asshole wasn't coming any closer to me, I stepped back slowly. This bastard really needs to get his head straight right now, he was one psychopathic pathological liar.

Looking cautiously at him I slowly move towards the door never once taking my eyes off of him, slipping my hand into my shorts pocket I grabbed my phone quickly calling Mr Baker. Damon starting slowly walking towards me with an angry look on his face.

"Who the hell are you calling?" he growls reaching out trying to grab me but I quickly moved away. After the second ring Mr Baker answered.

"Damon Killed Adriana and-" I speak quickly but I am soon cut off by Damon pulling the phone out of my hand and throwing it across the room letting it smash against the wall. I ran towards the phone that now lay on the floor wall but he quickly stopped me by gripping my arm tightly.

I needed to get out of here, now. Damon's grip on me was death. He may be strong but I am fast, the fastest in the country according to my father. My great grandparents were the very first werewolves ever so I have true blood running through my veins.

"Are you even listening to me?" Damon's harsh voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I didn't want to have to deal with him anymore, I was so done with him. "I, Mia Spence reject you Damon Gilmore as my mate." I speak quickly to avoid him preventing me from saying it. I've wanted to say that for so long. Why did he let me say it this time? Looking at him I waited for his outburst, but it didn't come.

I look up at him questioningly "It doesn't matter what you say, our bond is different, nothing either of us say or do will break it, you're special." The guilty look on his face made me want to question him but I withheld myself, for now.

I was angry, why was our bond so different? I should be able to reject my mate! There shouldn't be any rule against it. I cannot be stuck with him forever. I ignore you walking to the door. I was preparing myself to be pulled back into your arms but to my surprise that didn't happen. I don't look back, I go out the door and head straight into my car.

Driving down the road I put on my mixed CD, on came Just a Dream by Carrie Underwood. I sing along until I finally get to the pack house which was only a three minute drive from my house. I park my car out front and head towards the main pack house. It was located in the middle of 100 other smaller houses. The white modern building stood tall and wide although only twenty people lived there, excluding me, since I prefer to live alone and my brother who is currently in Australia at college.

Opening the front door, I ignore everyone looking at me and walk towards my dad's office, when someone shouted my name I turned around.

"Baby girl." Someone called and I knew instantly that was my father's voice, so I turned around and ran towards him pulling him into a big hug. I haven't seen him since before I left for Ireland.

"I missed you." I whispered in his ear low enough for only us to hear. Yes I am a daddys girl, kind of expected since my mother isn't around though. I internally cringe at my thoughts.

"I missed you too pumpkin." he smile before pulling back, hands on my shoulders as he looked at me "But what are you doing here? Have you finally decided to move in?" he questions hopeful. My father has been determined to get me to move into the pack house for a long time now, he said he would prefer it for my safety and now Damon coming around was only making him more anxious.