[2] - Just A Dream

[2] – Just A Dream

Club Fantasy, Rory read inwardly as he stared at the big building in front of him that was said to be the most prestigious club in Oxford. The name of the club was done in the most immaculate of scripts, in the form of lights so that when it was night, the lights came up and the name of the club could be seen from a good distance away. The supposedly once white walls were now bright and eye-catchy with brilliant graffiti, posters of the club’s past and future events clinging to the walls. The building in general was appealing to the eye, acting as an extra attraction for passers-by.

Rory had applied to work here about a week ago and today was going to be his first time here. The manager, Taylor Helix, was going to give him a brief tour and since it was Saturday, everyone who worked at the club was going to be in the reception, talking about last night’s events.

The club only worked on Fridays which not surprisingly also added to its appeal. Every week, it was a different theme – from ‘back to school’ to ‘glow in the dark’, it attracted a whole range of people to the place, making it extremely successful.

There were a few cars parked outside, indicating that the meeting was either already in session or about to start. Rory glanced at his watch; five minutes before noon. He was early for his tour but he didn’t care. He thought it would be great to get to meet everyone today instead of waiting till the next Friday when he officially started work. He was certain that by then, his new co-workers would be too busy to introduce themselves or lend a helping hand – so today; he could meet them and save any awkwardness for the future.

He heaved in a huge breath and then made his way inside the club. He passed through a corridor that held the reception desk, cloak room and bathrooms before he was in the first section of the club where everyone was chatting and laughing, the manager not yet present.

Rory licked his lips a little nervously. He’d been hoping Mr Helix would be here to introduce him but guess not. He avoided looking anyone in the eye and made his way to a corner of the room where there was an empty seat and then sat down. The seat was a little far away from the crowd currently sitting around in a circle, chattering noisily. He kept his eyes occupied by running them over the space they were in. He liked the little cave sunken into one of the walls that held the DJ’s cubicle – his or her entire set lining up along half of the wall, the wall behind translucent – meaning that there were lights behind it.

He could imagine it in the night-time, the lights off, disco ball glittering and the DJ shining in his cubicle like an angel sent from heaven and the thoughts made him smile. The bar was currently behind the crowd, with four people sitting on the table instead of the stools. Suddenly, he felt a chill run up his spine and got a random feeling that someone was staring at him, so he looked up and his eyes immediately locked with a blonde’s across the room.

His heart got that little jump in his chest and he felt a drop in his stomach – symptoms he recognized as what someone got when they found another person drop dead gorgeous. The blonde full blown grinned at him and his eyes widened a little at how that just made him even more attractive, his heart started racing and he could feel his cheeks warm with a blush. He quickly tore his gaze away as just then, Taylor walked into the room, sending everyone into whoops and cheers as they praised him for the hard work.

Rory had met the man in person only once but still couldn’t get over how much of a gladiator Taylor Helix was. It was like he was a wrestler or something. He couldn’t be any shorter than at least six feet and a couple inches, his muscles almost TOO defined to be natural.