Chapter Eight - Did You Feed Him Magic Mushrooms Or Something?

Chapter Eight – Did You Feed Him Magic Mushrooms Or Something?

I walked into my noisy classroom, and the first thing I noticed was the quietness that blanketed the bustling room. All twenty-seven eyes turned to me, and the people behind me. Rhys and Tyson. Tyson was clutching the video camera to his chest like it was his baby, and Rhys had a mildly interested expression plastered on his face.

I honestly didn’t know why I had agreed to go through all this with those two idiots. Oh, right. Yes, it was something about Tyson making me. And the promise of free treatment if I changed my mind about living.

Apparently, these two idiots were the eye candy of my school. I mean, I knew Tyson was a man-whore at the best of times, and I didn’t really pay attention to his flings, but I didn’t know that girls actually swooned over him. I never really hung out with him during school hours. Which led to people giving me weird looks, hey, most of these people didn’t know we were even related I’d say.

Now Rhys was another story. I had just witnessed around five girls swarm to him, and beg for dates. Now that was weird, why the hell would any sane person want to voluntarily spend time with someone like Rhys? He had issues, one moment he was grinning with you like the two of you shared a special secret, the next he was looking at you like you were dog poop on his shoe.

And that was only within a few days. I still had three months with him.

So, from what I could gather, they were some kind of elite males who shagged whatever they wanted. Lovely, because you know, I just dream of spending my days with some STD ridden horn dogs.

Well, aside from the fact that Rhys was a virgin.

Therefore, when I casually strolled in with Rhys Brady and Tyson Reilly following me like lost sheep of course it was going to attract attention. The girls had never been my friends; I had stopped trying to make female friends a few years ago when I realized that most girls only wanted to get close to me for Tyson.

Back then I only had grown kind of close to one girl and her name was Isabelle. She had fostered a deep hatred for Tyson, and for that I loved her. Hell, I even helped her make a voodoo doll that had a startling resemblance to Tyson. Unfortunately it didn’t work. Isabelle was the kind of girl who hid the corner but once you got to know her, she became the crazy, outgoing person you would love.

And then she moved to the states to live with her grandmother. I started to hang out with the lads in the class then, I knew for certain they wouldn’t use me just to get to Tyson. James was the one I was closest to, but I was too scared to tell him about my leukaemia and had been avoiding him for the past week.

And Rhys had provided a distraction from James, no matter how reluctant I was to admit that.

The strong smell of hairspray invaded my thoughts, shredding them and bringing me back to the classroom I was unfortunately in.

Emily Walsh was tottering around in front of me, beaming flakily at Tyson and Rhys, “Tyson, Rhys, what are you two doing here with Amelia? Unless you’re here to see me and she’s just standing in the way of course. She’s always in the way; I just swat her away usually.” She rambled loudly in her nasally voice.

Rhys covered up a snigger with a sudden coughing fit, and when he was finished turned to Emily with tears in his eyes, “Esther, her name is Anabelle, not Amelia. I’m actually here with Anabelle. You see, Anabelle and I have slept together twice, and we have a commitment to each other. And Tyson is her brother; you might not have known that. Believe me, we know all about you swatting her away.”