Chapter 30: Fears

I'm sorry if this is pretty short. If my town doesn't get hit by a tornado tomorrow, then I will update False Claim.

Say 'Aye' if you read False Claim, and comment what you like about it if you do.

Enjoy The Chapter and excuse my mistakes.

Chapter 30: Fears

            It was the worst five to ten minutes of my life. I waited, feeling like I was going to explode. I leaned on the counter and anxiously clutched my phone. The timer was going to go off in about 10 seconds.

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1

Negative

~~~

                Twenty Hours Before

                "Baby she cried so much. It made me feel bad." Aiden said.

He was telling me about how he and Adam took Hope to get her ears pierced. "Well she looks adorable now doesn't she?" He laughs, "Yes. I'll send you a picture." I could hear Hope in the back babbling. "Put that down." He tells her. I could just picture Aiden scolding her. "Has she started walking yet?" I asked. "No, but she's trying. I'm trying these exercises that I learned in baby class to get her to. She's not cooperating though."

                I just imagined Aiden taking care of our baby. Today was the day I get the test. I was getting ready for class, but I snuck in a call to Aiden to remind him that today was the day.

We have been talking all week and I don't want to get his or my hopes up that I'm pregnant.

 I will take care of him or her while I'm away, but that doesn't mean I won't be stressed. It will be stressful a lot, because I'm here and he's there. Aiden got to experience his first pregnancy with Drew, and I bet he was there for her every beck and call. For me, it won't be like that. I can't call on him in the middle of the night when I'm throwing up. Or I can't have him lay beside me when I want to discuss baby names.

 I wanted to do all of that, but when the time was right. When I felt prepared and when he does as well. He says football is going good, but he's worried about Hope and his traveling when his team gets back into playing.

"We'll work it out. I know we will. We'll work out this baby situation as well." I say for encouragement.

 He agrees. "I love you Nia, I have to go give Hope a bath, but I'll call you later on today."

I tell him I love him too and hang up. I didn't feel as nervous with wild symptoms this past week, but I had my moments where I believed I was pregnant. The smell of yogurt was making me want to gag, and I was stressing myself out a lot.

 "Take it easy today, love." Piper told me before I left the room. I hugged her goodbye and told her I would text her when I get off work. I had to head into work right after my last class, so I was pretty busy today.

As I was walking to my class, my phone rang.  It was Beth.

"Nia I'm glad I caught you." The urge to tell Beth about my possible pregnancy was huge. I wanted to tell her, but I didn't want to take the spotlight off her wedding with my maybe child. That wouldn't be fair to her or me. "Hey, what's up?"

"Do you think you'll be here by the time I have my engagement party?" She asked.

I think about it, "I'm sure I will Beth." I said, excited for her. I was sad that I was missing the beginning of her planning, because that's like a dream for all best friends, but I'm sure I'll definitely be informed when I'm back. "Hopefully, I don't want you to miss the engagement photos too. I want you and my mother there. And two months after that, we're going dress shopping." I smiled, "I'll definitely be there for that. Class is about to start, I'll call you when it's over."