15- Difficult Decision

Eleanor couldn't stop smiling as she followed the Queen to the BlueNight Pack territory. The Queen took a glance toward her and she tried to stop smiling, but it was as if her cheeks muscles were glued together.

"You seem filled with joy today. Does it have to do anything with my son?"

Eleanor's cheeks burned as she nodded.

"Well, I'm glad you two worked everything out."

"So, what are we doing here?"

Eleanor's eyes narrowed when Jace walked out of the house, speaking to who she guessed was the Alpha. She almost ran up to him and hugged him. "What is going on? Why are you here?"

"I'm following Brayden. He was here and attacked this pack...I'm still trying to comprehend his reasons for doing it."

The Queen grabbed Eleanor's hand in a firm grip and began to pull her away from the house. Eleanor jerked out of her hold and stared at her, bewilderment evident in her eyes.

"What's going on?"

"Don't you see, child. He did this because he knew our job would be to come here and aid them. He is after you."

"Well, I'm not afraid of him."

"You should be. He attacked this pack by himself...What do you think he will be capable of doing to you?"

"I have a plan." Perhaps it was a good thing he was doing this to get her, because that would mean she wouldn't have to go searching for him. Once she had the opportunity, she would use all her powers on him and turn him human, even if it killed her at the end.

"And what is that? Eleanor, you have a child back at home."

"I know and I'm doing this for him. I don't want him to live in fear like everyone else is. Someone needs to stop Brayden."

"Well, we all know someone who is as powerful as Brayden."

"I fear Dmitri and Brayden are matched in power," the Queen said.

"It wouldn't surprise me since it has been confirmed he is a hybrid just like Dmitri." Eleanor wrapped her arms around herself, trying to understand why the Queen wouldn't even mention Walter's gift.

No one stood against someone capable of freezing anyone in time.

She recalled what the queen had told her and understood well that such power could turn Walter deeper into darkness.

They were better off using Dmitri's magic.

"It's bloody clear Brayden isn't only interested in you but also Ludovica."

"Then, it is more urgent I put a stop to him."

Jace grabbed her forearm and pulled her closer to speak in her ear. "If you drain such great power, you will die."

"I'm well aware of that."

"And what about Noah?"

"He will be safe once I terminate this threat."

For a moment, Eleanor remembered Aaliyah and Adrian. She couldn't care less if Aaliyah aged, but she did care for Adrian. How would Walter handle seeing his child age and die as a human?

"Eleanor, can we take a walk?"

She nodded and as she followed Jace to the forest encircling the pack houses, the Queen followed the Alpha inside. She seemed hesitant, as if she didn't want Eleanor alone in the woods, but she wasn't alone; she was with Jace, a very powerful vampire/werewolf hybrid.