Chapter 17 KATIE

Chapter 17 ~KATIES POV~

"I hate you." I mumbled after sitting in silence in Lucas' car for the past 20 minutes. "Where the crap are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise princess." Was all he said

I crossed my arms and glared at him "don't call me that."

We sat in silence for another ten minutes before we finally stopped somewhere. I looked out the window trying to figure out where we were.

"Did you bring me out here to kill me!" I gasped

I looked around at the place. It was pretty deserted. The was a big single building that looked deserted too. I saw Lucas get out of the car. I on the other hand wasn't getting out. Lucas walked over to my door and opened it for me. I looked at him in awe as my heart did a little flip that he opened the car door for me.

He smirked at me "and they say shivery is dead." He said "now come on let's go."

"No I'm not going anywhere with you! Especially not in this shady place." I crossed my arms and stayed put.

"Come on Princess please! I promise you'll have fun." He pleaded

I looked at him for a minute and sighed "just know you can't kill me because I'll kill you first." I said before I got out of the car. He lead us over to the door of the shady building. Once again he opened the door for me and I walked him. I examined the inside of the building. I was huge and I mean huge. There were barrels, fake trees, boulders and all kinds of stuff in here. I looked at Lucas confused.

"Lucas what is this?" I asked

"This my Princess is paint ball!" He said happily

My heart fluttered at 'My Princess' but I shook it off quickly and said "don't call me that."

"Well what do you prefer Princess? Babe? Kitten? Cupcake?-"

"-ew stop with the pet names! Don't call me any of them." I said not believing my ears

"Princess it is then," he put his hand on the small of my back and started guiding me to a door. He opened the door then I followed him to a desk. Behind the desk was a guy who looked to be 19.

"LUCAS! Man where have you been! And who do you have here?" The guy said eying me.

I scrunched my nose at him and shifted behind Lucas so he would stop looking at me.

" haha what's up Nick!" Lucas said doing that hand-shake hug thing guy do. "This is Katie, she is staring in a movie with me." He said bring me out from behind him "Katie this is Nick my best friend growing up."

I gave him a small wave and a little smile. He just kept looking me up down making me really uncomfortable. Of corse Lucas was friends with a guy like him.

"Are you gonna get us set up or keep eyeing my girlfriend?" Lucas asked

My head shot up at Lucas and my eyes popped out of my head! I had to refrain from puking!

He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

Ok now I'm really gonna puke!

"Oh man I'm sorry I didn't know yall were a thing! Yeah man lets go get yall geared up." Nick turned and walked into another room

"Just go along with it or he won't stop trying to hook up with you. " Lucas whispered really quick

I crossed my arms and huffed. Not only am I being forced to be here but now I have to pretend to like him too!