S.E.A. Supernatural Enforcement Agency

Chapter 1: Victoria Murphy

"You have been hand selected for a division that you are being transferred to. It is extremely confidential and cannot stop operating. When you get there you will be briefed on everything. Captain Williams will be your new boss, so report to him." My old boss said to me when he called me into his office.

I nodded. "Yes sir."

"You're dismissed." I relaxed out of the traditional military stance and started to leave.

"Oh and Murphy... Good luck and keep safe. Trust your instincts." He said to me in parting.

After getting directions to my new headquarters I arrived in downtown Los Angeles. The building I was parked in front of has seen better days. S.E.A. was on the front of the building but I had no idea what it stood for.

Getting out of my car I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. Glancing around I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The building had tinted glass double doors with what appeared to be an intercom with a camera and a place to swipe an access card.

I raised my eyebrow at that. It mustn't be like a regular police station I thought. There are differences already that had me second guessing my approval at being transferred, because in the end it was my choice.

Going up to the intercom on the side of the door I pressed the button.

"May I help you?" A male voice spoke through it.

Clearing my throat I answered. "Umm yes. I'm Officer Victoria Murphy reporting to my new division that I was transferred to."

There was a long pause before the doors were buzzed open. I went in through the doors without hesitation.

When I first walk in I see a regular waiting room with the essential fake plants and uncomfortable chairs. I could hear male voices arguing so I followed them down the hall.

"You didn't say she was a girl boss!" An angry voice shouted.

"I don't see how her being a girl is a problem James." A calm voice spoke. "She's exactly what we need as a new addition to the team."

A husky voice spoke next, "there may be a few problems if her scent is anything to go by."

I raised my eyebrow at that statement. I mean really, my scent?

There was silence until I found what seemed to be the operations room. There were four men, three were standing and one was at a computer desk with countless monitors set up. He was typing furiously and concentrating really hard. I could tell because he didn't look up when I entered.

One of the men standing came over towards me with a smile. "Hello I'm Captain Williams, and you must be Officer Murphy."

I shook his outstretched hand firmly. "Yes sir, but you can call me Vic or Murphy. I was told to report to you and I was to be briefed on arrival."

Captain Williams was an older man with salt and pepper hair and a well built body. "Yes well I'm sure you won't believe me right off but we have a few things we could show you as proof. Now if you could please take a seat."

My mind was whirling with possibilities but I sat down calmly and waited for an explanation. Captain gestured for the man that didn't look to thrilled for me to be here. He was very rugged looking and had a lot of facial hair. Hell he had a lot of hair everywhere from what I could see.

Captain cleared his throat. "This is James and he will tell you the meaning and cause of our division."

I nodded my head and looked over at him. "Alright so first things first. SEA stands for Supernatural Enforcement Agency." He paused and was waiting for me to say something. When I didn't he continued. "Well anyways, we have to keep all of the supernatural beings in line. If they step out of line we either execute them for their crimes or bring them here for the duration of their sentence."

I had no expression on my face as I let everything sink in. In a way I had already known that there were other beings amongst us. But I also didn't want to believe it until I had proof. "The proof please." I said to Captain Williams who nodded.

"Dmitri show her." He said to the guy that was leaning against the wall casually. Dmitri was very easy on the eyes but I do not mix business with pleasure. He had short black hair and piercing blue eyes that were as blue as the sky.

I blinked and the next second he was leaning down with his face in front of mine. The few loose strands of hair that was out of my ponytail blew backwards with an unknown wind. I inhaled sharply and caught a delicious scent that had me unconsciously leaning towards him. He smiled and I looked down at his white teeth. I watched as his canines seemed to grow on their own.

"Dmitri here is our very own residential half vampire." James said indifferently.

I lifted my hand up to Dmitri's face and looked in his eyes questioningly. He nodded in answer and opened his mouth a little. With my pointer finger I pressed lightly on one of his fangs to make sure they were real. They definitely felt real, I mused as I felt how sharp they were. I pulled away quickly when it sliced easily through my fingertip.

He stood up straight and shrugged while he licked the tiny drop of blood off of his fang. I should have been weirded out by that, but if I was being honest with myself I kinda liked it.

"Okay I believe you. It's a lot to take in but I think I can handle it." I told them all.

James scoffed. "What is a human going to do for this team that we can't?" He asked angrily.

Captain came to my defense, "well she is the best at everything in her old division and very resourceful."

Dmitri chimed in, "plus she could be vampire bait. She is very, very delicious." There was a hungry look in his eyes that sent chills down my spine. This was going to be a very interesting new workplace that's for sure.