Chapter 2 - Odd Request

"So what'd you think of the movie?" Eve asked as the two of them walked through the mall.

"Well, considering that I'm not much of a fan of chick flicks I suppose it was okay." Jake really didn't like the movie at all but he'd rather not say that or risk getting Eve mad. What he said to Gwen about her temper being worse than his wasn't even close to a joke as he was sure that she'd assumed. "But I still don't feel their whole relationship... It just felt a little, you know forced."

As soon as Eve heard that she let out a laugh. "Its a romance movie, you can probably count on one hand how many movies don't force their couples." Now that she said that Jake tried to think of a movie that the romance didn't feel forced and he tried suggesting the Titanic. "Jake...they knew each other for what all of two days and they were already the love of each other's lives? Personally I didn't buy it, its a sweet movie and all and the relationship wasn't that hard to tolerate but they pushed it WAY too fast."

"If you hate romance stories than why do you drag me to all of them?" Jake asked before turning his head around to see if Lance and Maria-both of whom had fallen asleep 10 minutes into the movie-were coming after them yet. "With you it's either you didn't believe the relationship, or you think things were rushed. It's a movie, it's kind of hard to cram a years worth of time into two hours."

"Look at you getting all defensive." Eve said with a grin on her face as she rest her head on his shoulders while the two of them were heading for the doors. "And I force you to watch them with because you and haven't exactly had what one would call a normal life. I figure that if we watch romance movies together good or bad it'll make us feel like a real couple."

"So does that mean we aren't a real couple in your eyes?" Jake asked honestly wanting to know, because all this time he thought that the two of them got along great together.

Eve laughed again before getting up on her toes to kiss Jake on the cheek. "Of course I think we're a real couple. I just want us to have all the experiences that a normal couple has. And that includes seeing bad romance movies and going on double dates with our friends." Jake still gave her a funny look to which Eve hurried in front of him. Before Jake could say anything she wound her arms around his neck and brought her face so close to his that he could feel her breath tickling his lips. "Jake, we're a couple. Not a normal couple by any means, but we're together and I'm glad that we are because now I finally get to feel like a normal teenage girl. Dating the boy that she's had crush on since they were kids."

"Wow you really thought that out didn't you?" Jake asked doing his best to keep himself from shuddering at Eve being so close to him. She bit her lower lip and finally Jake broke down and lowered himself down just enough for them to brush their lips together. It didn't last more than a few seconds but Jake had already felt like he'd stuck a fork in and electric socket just from those few seconds, and when he pulled away he could see Eve's cheeks had turned a very light shade of pink.

"So do you think we should go wake up the mutts?" Jake said trying to change the subject before he let himself get too wrapped up in her. Eve caught the message but she didn't seem to mind it she just shook her head. "Well then what do you want to do?"

"Let's just go rent some movies and finish off the rest of this popcorn." Eve said bringing her hand and the still very full bag up to Jake's chest. "And we can see who falls asleep first. Loser makes breakfast tomorrow."

Now that Jake didn't mind at all. He loved it when Eve spent the night at the apartment. Nothing more than cuddling ever happened because in all honesty Jake was having issues trying to be more intimate with her. Emotional gestures like that were alien to Jake even though he grew up among regular people it. This whole relationship had been a learning experience for him and thankfully Eve let him go at his own pace. It took Jake the better part of a month before he was willing to try and kiss her like a they were a couple. So who knew how long it would take Jake before he was comfortable doing that with her.