Chapter 1

Please Vote! This is in the Watty Awards! >.< Wish me luck! lol 

Chapter 1 :

                It was a nice and sunny day, who am I kidding? It was cloudy and the air was dry, it was almost too hard to breath but I was still sitting and chatting with Gavin outside, but he seemed a little distant  today; so I playfully pushed his shoulder to get his attention.

               He looked at me and then I asked, "What's up?".

               "Nothing," He replied.

                Scrunching up my face. I always knew when he was lying and it this was one of those times.

               "Come on, you know you can always tell me," I gave him my innocent look. It must have worked a little bit, because he came out of his funky attitude.

               He shuffled uncomfortably and scratched the back of his neck before he replied. "Well there's this girl...." he started.

               "And?" wanting him to finish whatever he was going to say.

               "I don't know if she likes me back," he said.

               That's when a little bit of hope raised inside me. I've had the longest crush on Gavin, and I thought he would never return the feelings back. Maybe this is the moment I've been waiting for my entire life.

               I raised an eyebrow "Oh really?" I said nonchalantly.

               He nodded his head up and down with a dreamy expression coming on to his face.  "I love her eyes, her smile, her laugh, even when she laughs at my  jokes," he said.

               But he stopped when we heard voices coming towards us. I put my hand on my forehead to cover my eyes from the sun, and squinted my eyes so I can see who was the person moving towards our direction. It was Morgan and her peers.

               I wasn't in the group because I was more intelligent than them. For them, I am a ‘nerd’. Therefore, I would never fit in there pretty little world. I mean I'm cute, as my parents and other people would say. I snapped out of my little auguring match with myself when I heard Gavin said those three words.

               "There she goes," he said while looking directly at Morgan.

               I don't know if he heard it but I definitely felt my heart break in half.

               I knew Gavin might have a chance with Morgan because nowadays every girl wanted to get their claws into him, and I couldn't blame them with his brown hair, his sea green eyes, and his perfect smile; but nothing ever changed between me and him.

                We have been best friends since second grade.I hold back the tears that threatened to run down my cheek. I held my head up high and gave him a small smile.

               "Her?" I asked just to make sure.

               "Yes,". He looked at her with so much lust and wanting like he was crazy. He turned back to me. "Think I'll have a chance?" he asked.

                   "Honestly?"

               "Always," he replied.

               "She would be stupid not to like you back,"

               He wiped the dirt from himself and stood up "Wish me luck," he said and started to walk towards the pretty group.

               I forced a small smile, "Good luck, but you don't need it." I gathered my stuff and headed back inside school.

____

There it goes... tell me what do you think? & should I keep going? :x