Chapter 21 - And a Hint of Compulsion?

Evelyn's POV

I had a wicked grin on my face as I opened the front door. "Morning Kirra, do come in," I greeted before stepping to the side. 

"Umm, good morning," she said in a shaky voice. My grin widened at that. This was going to be so much fun.

 "This way, my bedroom's upstairs." And with that, I led the way.

It only took about 20 minutes, because that's only how long I needed. I held up the mirror and smiled at her shocked expression. "That is not me," she whispered.

I laughed and put the mirror down. "Oh, but it is. Come on, check out that full length mirror."

Fair play, I didn't have to do much since she was already pretty. She was wearing her uniform because we did still have school. But, I did her hair and make-up, as well as gave her a brand new pair of shoes which had low heels. For her hair, my work was pretty simple. I picked up a pair of scissors and gave her hair more shape by re-doing the layers, with a stylish side fringe. Then, I only straightened it professionally but made it appear to have a bit more volume. It looked great, of course. As for make-up, she only wore eye make-up. So, I lined her eyes with black eyeliner and then used mascara to make them longer and curlier. It took some convincing but I had also managed to convince her to put a touch of foundation and blush to her face, as well as colouring her lips with my faded cherry red lipgloss. 

After a handful of minutes, she said, "so this is what you meant."

I snorted and placed a hand on her shoulder, "this is not all. I've only just started. Your appearence is done, now we have to do something about that lack of confidence."

"Lack of confidence?" she questioned, turning around to face me again.

I gave her a quick small and replied, "yep, don't even bother denying it. It's perfectly understandable so don't worry. I blame that coward of a father that you have as well as the rest of them." She knew exactly what I had intended by 'the rest of them'.

Kirra nodded and sighed. "What can I do?" 

I guided her to my bed and placed a hand on her shoulder. Then, I asked her in a serious tone, "do you want me to find that confidence within you, and let it out?"

Her face paled and she stuttered, "you mean..you want to.."

"Compel you, yes. It's completely up to you." That was my gift for her, but what she didn't know what I was actually going to do.

She took her time to think about this, while I kept a perfect poker face. It was entirely upto her. "Alright, use it on me," she sighed. 

I gave her a brief smile and took her hands in mine, and squeezed them slightly. "Are you certain, Kirra?" I asked.

"Yes," she said in confirmation. 

So, I moved my face closer to her's and ordered, "look me in the eyes."

And she did, but only after she had let out a shaky breath. 

"You don't have to worry about anyone anymore. No one's going to hurt you. Stand up for yourself, act like your true self. Don't shy behind someone that you're not. You can do it, you have to do it," I said in a strong voice. Wanna hear a joke now? I wasn't really compelling her. It's a pycological remedy, I only made her believe that I was using my powers on her...to make herself think that she must do as she's told. Clever huh?

A couple of seconds passed and Kirra was still staring at me. "Wow," she whispered.

I smirked at this. "What wow?"

"I didn't feel a thing."

"It's a mental ability darling, you're not meant to feel anything physically," I explained with a wink. And straight after that, we got to school...yay (note the sarcasem).

Sorry guys, it had to be a short chapter :( I'll make it up to you somehow ;)

I'll need 18 votes, 200 reads and 20 comments for the next update :)

Love you all!!

comment...vote...fan...love it or hate it....PEACE!<3

~Addie~