Hotter Than Hell - An Old Flame

Chapter Thirteen – An Old Flame

Aside from the incident with Mrs. Buckhart, everything seemed to be going great for me this week. I hadn’t heard from the stalkers and even Tim Reid had stopped bothering me, which was probably because he had another teacher tutoring him. The only thing that bothered me was Jason, I couldn’t help but feel there was something going on that I didn’t know, I tried to find more about him because apart from his name I didn’t know much about him, I didn’t know where he lived, who his parents were….nothing.

Whenever I tried to ask him these personal things he came up with something that distracted me, it was only when he was gone that I would realize that he had escaped my question.

Determined to find more about him I decided to ask Principal Adams to give me a file on Jason Greene, I had to find out more about the boy I was in love with.

“Kaleen….” Principal Adams exclaimed in an excited tone when I entered into his office. “I was just coming to see you.” He said as I entered into his office.

“Er is something wrong?” Had Mrs. Buckhart double crossed us and sold us out to the principal? No if it were so he wouldn’t be smiling at me unless the rules had changed and teachers were allowed to sleep with their students.

“Oh nothing, its hood news actually, we’ve gotten a grant from the Johnson’s foundation and we’re throwing  party today at the Flamingo Hotel to celebrate, it’s kind of impromptu but I was hoping you would be able to attend.” The principal explained quickly.

“Oh that’s good…so the whole school is invited.” I asked and started to think it would be nice to someday go out with Jason and hold his hands in public without fear of being caught.

“No it’s strictly teachers and staff only…so can you make it?” he asked.

“Sure.”

At 7: 30 that night I made my way toward the Flamingo hotel in a knee-length electric blue dress with spaghetti straps. I said hi to a few teachers I had established a friendship with over my short period at Raven high and then found a chair to sit on, whiles I watched everyone else moving up and down sipping champagne and flirting.

“Hey Kaleen.”

I turned around towards the sound of the voice and found one of my favorite during my high school days walking towards me.

“Mrs. Martha.’ I exclaimed and then jumped forward to hug her whiles laughing happily.

“Kaleen I’m sure you can call me Martha now.” She laughed.

“Gosh it’s been a long time…what are you doing here, I thought you had retired.” I asked quickly bubbling with excitement.

“Yeah but I thought it would be nice to stop by for the party.” She said sitting down. “Hey have you seen Ryan.”

“Ryan?” I asked puzzled.

“Oh you know Ryan your math’s teacher, the one who tutored you in your senior year.” She said bluntly.

The colour drained from my face as my heart beat tripled…..RYAN!! As in the teacher I had slept with during high school!

“Oh there he is.” She exclaimed pointing in an opposite direction.

Unable to stop myself my eyes followed her bony figure and there he was, my heart got caught in my throat. He looked much somehow different, age had caught up with him and his face was no longer smooth, the boyish grin which he always plastered on his face had been replaced with a more serious look. He looked more of a professor than the lover he had once been.