4. A THOUSAND YEARS

Valentina
~•~

3 years later

"Blake stop, you're obviously cheating!"

"I am not!"

"You have cards hidden in your sleeve you Jackass!"

"You can't prove that."

Raising an eyebrow I reached underneath the table for his hand and pulled his sleeve down. Nearly a dozen cards slipped out, he had the indecency to not even look a little guilty. Sighing I began restocking the cards before slipping them neatly into a cupboard.

"It's late Blake, you should get home."

"I haven't even seen baby Jace!"

"He's sleeping Blake, I don't want you to wake him up."

He muttered under his breath, something about over protective moms and what not.

"Fine, but tomorrow morning I will be here to see him-"

"Goodnight Blake," I cut in before promptly pushing him out the door.

After quietly shutting the door I went to my room, or well our room as me and Jace Jr. shared a room. There was more than one empty room in this house, but I still live in fear of Xavier. And I'd feel much safer with Jace Jr. sleeping next to me.

After months of searching for a home and a pack to live with if finally found one. The Amethyst pack, named after the birthstone of their very first alpha. Their very first alpha which had conveniently been a girl. They accepted me with open arms seeing as I was with child. Blake was the second in command of this pack, it was a large community and his alpha was an exemplary leader.

He kind of reminded me of Jace...

Don't think about him please Valentina. Or I swear to god I will force you to return to him.

I hadn't forgotten him and I probably never would. He was my mate, but he was the mate who never searched for me. He didn't do anything to find Xavier or me, and I'll never forgive him for giving up on me like that. He was a coward and he definitely did not deserve to see Jace Jr. ever. Not when he left me at the mercy of Xavier, not when he didn't even try.

Blake knew my story, he didn't know the name of my mate.(He'd probably pee himself if he did) Yet he continued to help me when I couldn't even afford to pay this place off. He convinced the alpha that as payment I could help them when him and his guards went to deal with other packs. Everyone knew I was 'The Rogue' and that though I didn't belong to this pack I was welcomed for the time being. Until Jace was old enough to take care of himself. Then I would return to the forest and continue being the mischievous rogue I've always been.

The perks of being immortal. Well until someone kills you, wolves can live for as long as they want.

I sighed turning off the lights in the living room and wrapping my blanket around my little one year old angel. I kissed his forehead gently, his hazel eyes opened suddenly. Did I wake him?

"I wasn't really sleeping mommy," guess he did pick up something from me after all, considering his entire appearance was like a copy of Jace's," I was waiting for you, so you could tell me a bed time story."

Jace Jr. was a genius. He learned to speak and walk at the age of mine months. Now he spoke English fluently and he already knew about wolves as he had witnessed me turning into one when Blake accidentally broke 20 of my dishes. Though Jace Jr. was practically a genius he was still a curious child and he always waited up for me to tell him stories of my rogue adventures.

Tonight I would be retelling the story of me and Jace. He didn't know that it was a story of the little time I had with Jace, but he begged me to tell him this story every Sunday anyway.

"Alright, you sneaky little bug," I teased squishing his nose,"Once upon a time there lived a rogue, she lived in exile after her alpha abused her. No one believed her when she told the truth, not even her parents. Thus making her run away from humiliation and fear."

Jace Jr. scrunched up his nose in confusion. He'd always ask the same question and I'd always reply with the same answer.

"Why didn't her parents believe her? Didn't they love her enough mommy?"

"Well, her parents were very strict and they were so focused on what society thought of them, that they didn't realize their daughter was getting abused."

"But when she told them, why didn't they believe her?"

"They knew she was telling the truth Jace, sweetheart. But they couldn't acknowledge it for fear of what society would think of them. Maybe they didn't love her enough Jace, maybe they were threatened, the rogue girl never knew."

His eyes teared up slightly as he scooted closer to me.

"The rogue girl made a name for herself as she caused mischief everywhere she went. No one alpha or pack ever being able to catch her. She was sneaky and loved the chase. This continued, until one day she was caught."

He gasped dramatically, making me laugh.

"The rogue met her match in the most powerful alpha in the entire U.S. He was the only one who ever caught her for more than an hour. He was her mate, and this struck fear in her heart. She didn't want to settle down yet, and she did escape once. Her freedom from him was short lived as her mate found her 6 days later. In the end the girl fell in love, she have in to her feelings and again that happiness was also short lived. Her old alpha came back, and her best friend had betrayed her. She had feared the wrong person the entire time. She had feared her mate and her old alpha when she should have feared her old best friend. For he had become obsessed with her, and after their old alpha was killed he stole her. He kidnapped her and locked her up in his home. Although he treated her like a princess, she couldn't love him."

"Why not?"

"You don't choose who you fall in love with honey. It just sort of.. happens. Her heart already belonged to another man, and the one who kidnapped her was not and would never be that man."

"But, if her heart belonged to another why didn't he save her from the bad man?"

"She had to escape on her own, because the man she had loved turned out to be a coward. He didn't fight hard enough for their love and she had to do everything on her own. The last night she had had with her mate, she had gotten pregnant. She ran away for fear that the bad man would hurt her baby. She saved her baby and was soon welcomed into a new pack. She never forgave her mate, nor her parents but she continued with her life. The end."

"I hate that ending."

It's refreshing how honest a child is.

"Me too, but we can't really change it now can we sweetheart? Okay now as much as I love your company, it's time to go to sleep."

He frowned but hugged me and I closed my eyes. Without him I don't know how I could've survived any of this. Even if he was in my stomach for half this time.

"Mommy?" He murmured snuggling closer.

I could tell by his droopy eyes and the exhaustion in his voice that he was already half asleep.

"Yes honey?"

"I would've believed you. I would've fought for you mommy, because I love you."