If I Die Young

UNEDITED!

***

"If I die young, bury me in satin

Lay me down on a bed of roses

Sink me in a river at dawn

Send me away with the words of a love song

Uh oh, uh oh..."

- The Band Perry "If I Die Young"

***

Alice P.O.V

"What?!" A loud voice woke me up from my slumber.

When I opened my eyes, I was not in my bedroom at Garrett's house. Instead, I was sitting in a wooden chair in the middle of an empty room. The confusion that plagued me melted away when the events before I passed outplayed over in my mind like a rapid slideshow.

Mich, he was alive. He was here - in Garrett's house.

I wanted to shout for help, but the ache in my head reminded me that Mich knocked me out to get me to shut up. Something inside me told me that he wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Plus, if I knew anything it was that I was probably in a basement because from experience that is where they most drug lords keep prisoners. If that were the case, no one would hear my screams.

As I attempted to move my hands, I noted that they were tied behind me - gluing me to the chair.

An exasperated sigh left my mouth; I was screwed. I couldn't escape...

Giving up that easily? Remember they are going to lure Colton here and kill him.

Not before making him watch as they kill me, I thought.

My thoughts were right, I couldn't give up. I couldn't allow them to let Colton storm in here, sending us both to our grave. Death was not an option for either of us, at least not if I could help it.

My eyes scanned the room to find something to help me escape. As I looked around I saw that there was nothing for the room was empty, aside from me and the chair I was in.

I began to contemplate on all my options.

Looking down, I started to feel helpless until I laid eyes on my legs. I'd no idea why I didn't notice before, but they weren't tied up.

Smirking, I thought about how stupid the person was that tied me up. Without giving much thought, I stood up and formulated a plan.

Within seconds, I knew what to do but I, also, knew what I was about to do was going to hurt, but it was my only option.

I went to one end of the room and bent over - sticking the legs of the chair out. With as much speed as I could muster, I ran backward. Soon, the legs of the chair crashed with the wall. I heard the splintering of the wooden legs, but I could tell that they were not broken. So, I turned around and repeated the process, this time with success.