Chapter 11

Aliyah Staton

I dabbing on a little lip gloss in the downstairs bathroom when I heard Georgia honk out front; I gave my dad a quick hug and ran out the door. There were a lot of people at the party when we arrived; a fire was already lit and people gathered around it. We paid a guy standing by the barn five bucks each and he handed us each a cup. We filled our cups from the keg and headed over to the fire. There were logs laid out around the fire and we took our seats. Selena and Mary came with and were wrapped up in conversation with Georgia as I watched the flames flicker on the fire and sipped my cold beer. Some people danced to loud music coming from some ones car stereo system; others gathered in small groups to gossip. I had never been to a real high school party, it actually was a lot like you see in the movies. I went to take another drink and realized my cup was empty.

"I'm going to get another," I said as I walked toward the side of the barn where the keg was; I was filling my cup when a voice came from a shadow at the back of the barn.

"Aliyah, I was hoping that you would be here," Bobby said stepping out of the shadows. "Do you think maybe we could talk? I wanted to say I was sorry about what happened at school."

"It's cool, you don't have to apologize," I said as I finished filling my cup.

"Hey you want to see something cool?" He asked his eyes got big like he was excited about something.

"Sure, why not," I said walking back to where he was.

"It's right back here, follow me." He walked around the back of the barn and I followed.

The moment I stepped around the barn he grabbed me by my arm knocking my beer out of my hand. Before I could scream he had his other hand over my mouth. I squirmed and kicked trying to get out of his hold but it was no use; he was too strong. He pulled my body up on his and carried me back into the thick woods. I tried my hardest to free myself but it was like his body was made of stone it didn't budge an inch. He pushed me up against a tree as his eyes ran up and down my body.

"You really are a pretty little thing, it's a shame," he said then he ran his tongue across my cheek.

My whole body quivered in fear, he was going to rape me. I wondered what he would do after he raped me. Would he kill me? Would he let me go and just expect that I would be too scared to tell anyone about it? Would anyone believe me if I did? I was terrified, my body tried hard to fight back but it was like fighting a brick wall nothing I did seemed to faze him one bit.

"It will only hurt worse the more you fight," he whispered into my ear. Tears began to fall down my cheeks knowing what was about to happen to me. He licked my face causing me to pull back my head as far as the tree behind me would allow.

"You taste better than I thought you would too." he said a smile spreading across his face. "I am curious to know how you were able to avoid my compulsion on you," he said, again his eyes traveling up and down my body as if he was looking for something. 'Compulsion, what the hell is he talking about,' I asked myself; not that it really mattered, I would be dead soon.

"Maybe it has something to do with this," he said as he reached up to grab my necklace. The moment it touched his skin he pulled back his hand; I could see a distinct cross burn mark on it.

He let out a hissing noise and I watched as the veins in his face became prominent. His mouth opened slightly and I watched as his canine teeth grew about an inch. What the hell was happening? Was all this really real, or I am just so scared that I'm imagining it all, I asked myself? He gave me one more evil smile as his face came closer to mine. He grabbed my hair and yanked my head to the side exposing my neck to him. I took what I thought for sure would be my last breath; then my body fell limp to the ground and he was gone. My hand flew up to my neck but there was no pain. I pulled my hand away and there was no blood. The sound of branches breaking and growling came from the left and turned to see what it was.