Roots (Synopsis)

Roots

By: Sarah-Laney Long

Book Synopsis

In the summer of 1918 a tragedy echoed across the world when the Russian Imperial Romanov family was murdered by communists leaving much of the country crying out in mourning.  Yet, there was a myth that one daughter, the youngest daughter; the Grand Duchess Anastasia had escaped. Though many disbelieved, for some this would prove to be more than a rumor and it would change their lives forever.

Annalisa Peterson, a senior in high school, is dying to get out and move as far away from her family as possible. Not that she has had a rough childhood, but she wants to get away from constantly being expected to be the perfect A student and consistently having to visit her great grandmother who doesn't seem to like her, and oh yeah, doesn't speak a word of English.

One final class assignment could change everything that she's ever known, and could literally re-write history. To find out the truth about her family's history, it isn't long before she's digging through old papers, books, photographs, and even travelling to Russia; not to mention getting her heart tangled up with the enemy along the way.

As Annalisa finds out more and more, she's quickly discovering that once the real truth is out, her entire life will be turned upside down, and life will become much more dangerous for her, and those around her.

Secrets are revealed. Questions are answered. One thing is certain; Annalisa never thought that her senior year would end like this.

______________________________________

Author's Note: Hey Yall, I hope you enjoyed Reading! Please take a moment to click the orange VOTE button that's on the left hand side of the screen. Thanks so much for all your support. Also please make a note that this story is not edited yet. So there will be some mistakes. =)

This Chapter and really this entire book is dedicated to the one and only Nottachef! Thanks for always being my Number 1 fan. =)