Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Annoyed. That was how I felt whilst sitting in the back of Talon's flashy Range Rover with Ashton beside me and Cruz sat in the passenger seat next to Talon.

          The atmosphere had been tense for the past twenty-five minutes and unfortunately it didn't seem like it would be changing any time soon. Judging by the expressions the three boys were wearing, I highly doubted they were going to do anything to change that.

          "Okay, seriously, is anyone going to tell me what the hell's going on or are you all just planning on sitting here with angry faces?" I said exasperatedly, finally breaking the silence.

          "I don't know about these two, but I think I'd rather just sit here with my handsome face, thank you very much," Ashton, of course, decided to be the one to reply.

          I rolled my eyes, "You really should invest in an off button."

          He smirked. "Why? Am I turning you on too much?"

          "You're a pig."

          "Close, actually."

          "That's enough," Talon snapped, finally managing to find his voice as he glared at Ashton and I (mostly Ashton) through the mirror above him.

          "Relax, we weren't being serious," I said.

          "I don't care, I've had enough of you two bickering like a—"

          "Like a what? Married couple?" I interrupted him, knowing I was being petty.

          "Leave it, Ava," Talon warned.

          I was sitting in the seat behind Cruz so I had a perfect view of my date. And right now he was the stiffest he had been this entire car ride and his knuckles were whitening due to his death grip on the steering wheel. And that seemed to annoy me. Why was he in a strop? He had gotten everything he wanted today, except me on a silver platter.

          "No, you know what, Talon?" I suddenly spoke, fed up. "When you asked me how I felt about spending our date elsewhere, I didn't really think that you meant in a car with you and your best friends whilst you're all in some sort of foul mood, with absolutely no idea what's going on. Not that this fun road trip doesn't totally compensate for it, or anything."

          Okay, so maybe I was a little more than annoyed.

          "Are you done?" Talon asked, seemingly patient.

          "Yeah," I answered. "I am done, actually. With you, your friends, this town, and all the bullshit it has brought me in a matter of days."

          "You agreed to come with me, Ava," Talon reminded me, his temper flaring.

          "Reluctantly, yes. But only because you acted like whatever it is that you need to do is a matter of life and death. And you weren't a demanding asshole about it, for once, either," I replied. "But don't worry, I'm not expecting that to become a regular thing-I've figured you out enough to know that your mood changes like the seasons."

          "Nobody forced you to do anything," he argued.

          I snorted, "Oh, please. If I refused you would've just thrown me over your shoulder and into the car like an animal."

          "Whatever," Talon muttered.

          "Whatever," I mimicked.

          Ashton sniggered, "Now who's the married couple?"