Alphas and Angels - Chapter 3

"Excellent." When Nicholas says that, I realize what I've just done.

"Wait, no!" I say hastily, ripping my gaze away from Jeremy. Nicholas and my father were already shaking hands, sealing the deal. Dad has this thing that once you shake on a deal, you can't go back on your word. For me, that means that I'm out of luck.

"Errapel, we have a room just right for you," Nicholas says. "Mark, show him to the spare room on this floor." Mark nods obediently and gets up to escort Dad to his room.

That leaves Zach, Nicholas, Jeremy, and I alone. And it's making me uneasy. Especially since Zach and Jeremy's emotions are still screaming lust. I shift uncomfortably in my seat, trying to resist the urge to turn back around and shout at them both.

"Emmy Lou-"

"Emmy," I cut Nicholas off, getting real tired of being called Emmy Lou.

"Right, Emmy," he corrects. "We'll need some time to prepare a room for you, so until then you can stay with Jeremy." My mouth goes dry at the thought. I'm not exactly sure if it's because the idea is appalling, or pleasurable.

I can't really argue with him, something is stopping me. I slowly came to the realization that that something is the tingles I feel on my shoulder, caused by none other than Jeremy's hand resting gingerly there.

My whole body goes stiff as the tingles spread down my spine, involuntarily making me shudder in something close to pleasure.

"Come on, I'll show you where our room is," Jeremy says from behind me. Our room. That statement, although completely absurd, makes my legs feel like jelly. I don't stand up for a moment in fear that I will just collapse. Nicholas is watching with interest behind his desk, what I think is a smirk faintly on his lips.

I shake my head to snap out of this daze, before standing up. My legs manage to hold my weight, that is until I feel Jeremy's hand on the small of my back. Part of my brain--the logical part--screams at me to get his hand off me, while another part told me to get closer. Against both, I remain where I am, allowing him to keep his hand on my back, but refusing to get any closer. He guides me out the door and through the halls like this, my mind and heart going a million miles a minute.

We stop in front of a dark oak door, and Jeremy twists the knob and ushers me in.

If I didn't know better, I would question if it is actually his room. It seems so plain, and clean, for a teenage boy's room. Then again, what do I know about teenage boy's rooms?

The walls are a plain white, the only alteration to them being a few pictures hanging up. The bed is covered with a black comforter and plain white pillowcases, the entire bed big enough for two. There's a large dark wood desk against the wall to my right, covered with scattered papers and an orange mesh backpack slung on the back of the chair. A matching chest sits opposite of it to my left, right next to two doors I assume lead to a closet and bathroom.

"It's nice," I say, not really knowing what else to say.

He shrugs as if to say 'eh', and before I know it, he has both his hands on my hips, forcing me to face him. My breath catches in my throat at the sudden movement, and my heart rate increases as I realize that we are suddenly much closer, maybe a little too close.

"So, Emmy," he start, his voice almost a whisper as he looks down at me with those magnificent golden brown eyes of his. "Why did you run from me earlier?"

His question has me taken aback for a second. I didn't really think he would bring it up. I mean, it wasn't technically considered 'running away', because I'm still here.