Chapter 2[i think]

One week passed. Ichigo hasn't come back and Dad has been scarce. Karin and Yuzu did their regular agenda; school, soccer, dinner. Karin had tried to do something with the thing called "spiritual energy" but had only managed to make herself dizzy. After a week and a half Ichigo came back with a crowd of the suspicious people, including the grey-haired kid.

Karin eyed the boy from across the dinner table. Yuzu laughed with the older girl and Inoue. He finally acknowledged her existence with a glare.

" Why are you staring at me little girl!" She smirked.

" You're shorter than me, idiot." she said slyly. A vein popped in his head.

"It's Captain Toshiro Hitsuguya for you!," he yelled. Something clicked in Karin's mind.

" Ohh, so its Toshiro-chan not shrimp idiot! What does the Captain for anyway?." she asked cleverly, putting more emphasis on the last question. Slightly startled, he glanced at Ichigo who shook his head. Her eyes narrowed at the shared glances. Only Toshiro noticed her staring.

"It's nothing just a game," he quickly covered up. A sarcastic comeback quickly formed in Karins mind but she wasn't in the right mood to say it.

" I'm going upstairs for the night, goodnight," she said suddenly.

Yuzu's face quickly turned into a pout. "Aw, Karin-chan stay here!" Karin formed a weak smile.

"Nah, I'm tired. See ya in the morning Yuzu." As she walked up the stairs, Ichigo and Toshiro shared another glance for later.

Isshin stared at both of them. He couldn't deny the fact that his daughter was a curious person and that he could tell what she was thinking. He had to do something about it before she got into real trouble.

Karin stared at the wall in her bed room. I wonder...She closed her eyes and concentrated on her brothers Shinagami kimono. Nothing. This time she concentrated on Ichigo. With that, thoughts of Yuzu, Dad and Mom came pouring through. She opened her eyes and stared at her hands. Surprisingly, a strange aura glowed around them instead. She grinned, even though she had no idea what it was.

Her grin fading, she thought, Should I tell Dad or Ichigo? Nah I'll tell 'em later... Jumping to her feet, Karin decided to test out her hands. She poked the wall apprehensively, anxious to see the result. As soon as she did, the wallpaper began to swirl around with a mix of colors, until a crack was visible. Excited and nervous, she peered into it. That's gonna be hard to cover up... Suddenly, it widened to the size of a body-length mirror, causing Karin to jump back. Startled, but curious still, she peered in again.

It gave off a weird but homey, or natural, feel to it in the pale blue entrance. Entrance. Karin could tell that it was urging her to go in, cooing her into it. "Ackk..," she said faintly before slipping into the portal.

Toshiro, Isshin, and Ichigo jerked their head up. Renji, Matsumoto, and Rukia were asleep in the living room. Yuzu peered at their confused faces with bleary eyes. "Whatsit?..You guys are all...spazzy,"she said sleepily with a yawn.

"Yuzu, sleep down here tonight. You look tired," Isshin said softly. Toshiro and Ichigo started up the stairs.

"What's wrong..?," she asked sleepily as her dad ushered her out of the room."Goodnight Nii-san..."

Ichigo called softly, " Karin? Karin, you in there?" The door creaked open to a sleepy faced Karin.

"You came to say goodnight nii-san?," she asked sweetly. Ichigo gave her a funny look.

"Um, Okay. Goodnight Karin-chan." She closed the door and they walked down stairs to find Isshin. " Somethings off with Karin," Ichigo stated simply.

Toshiro gave him a strange look. "Really? She seemed perfectly normal to me."

"No...Something was defineitly off...she didn't have any insults when I came in." Isshin smiled drylly.

"Yeah..that's Karin, in fact she would have punched you.."

"Well, what's wrong then? I felt something off with her spirutal pressure," Toshiro said."Maybe she's..."

"-No I don't think so. She's not like Ichigo," Isshin said. Ichigo gave his father a questioning look.

"I think you guys should all go to sleep.You're annoying the heck outta me!," Kon said, popping up from nowhere. Even with the extra bits about how many lovely girls there were tonight, Ichigo knew he was right. Night was creeping on him, trying to pounce at any given moment and make him fall asleep. So, they decided things would be clearer in the morning[with fake confidence] and Ichigo creeped up to his room carrying a struggling Kon.

Something bothered Ichigo while he tried to sleep. It was a small bugging thought in the back of his mind. Something Rukia had said to him a while back... 'You must have held back all that spiritual pressure until that moment when you had to protect your family.' I wonder if it's the same for Karin.