Just Fine Chapter Two

For the next five hours I put on my Joan Jett attitude. I had no idea how to really fix this one. Paying attention in class is harder than I though it would be. Especially now since I don't have the team anymore. The girls have been dropping by and checking on me but I haven’t been good company. I don't like when people pity me. Eventually I stopped answering phone calls. I went out of my way to avoid them during school. I knew they were only trying to help but they didn’t understand just how much the team means to me. How much I needed to be in that pool.

And Jacob. He has been blowing up my phone non stop. I want to avoid him more than the girls. At least they are trying to help me. Every call I don’t answer I know it's fuel for his temper. If I can steer clear of him for the rest of the day I know I can ditch him for the weekend. I need to think. Clear my head and come up with a plan to make thinks right again. Even better than they were before.

I showed up to my last class early to avoid seeing Jacob in the halls. He has stopped calling my phone and I wonder if he has passed out somewhere from pure anger. A tap on my shoulder woke me from my thoughts. For a minute I panicked. Please don’t be Jacob. Another tap on my shoulder.

“Hey Kiki, you going to the party tonight right?” I was relieved when I heard the voice and turned around. Only one person calls me Kiki.

“Oh Kendal! Hey!” I said so relieved. Kendal is a really good friend.

 We used to best friends but we fell out because of Jacob. She had liked him too and he picked me over her. Hey. If she still wants him she can have him.

“Well girl am I going to get an answer?”

“What party?”

“Jacob didn’t tell you? My parents are leaving for the weekend. Time to get slizard!”

“Oh. That party. Um I don't know girl. I need to clear my head.” I said looking at the floor.

“Is it because your ass got booted from the Lady Armadillos?” Kendal said this with a laugh and it annoyed me. That is nothing to laugh at. Kendal continued “Girl, get over it. Come to my place tonight, take your mind off it. Get so knocked you forget about it” She raises a perfectly shaped eyebrow and saunters out of the classroom just as the teacher walks in.

“Kira?” Ms. Huffington asks, nodding towards Kendal's exit.

I just shrug my shoulders and hurry back to my thoughts.