Hotter Than Hell - Home Sweet Home

Chapter Twelve – Home Sweet Home

I must have driven around in circles before I made my decision. What I needed to do was to go home, which sadly was in the same town as Jason and Raven high but it was several miles apart and I was hoping no one would follow me that far.

“Kaleen.” My mom squealed in delight when she saw me with my bags. I didn’t have to be a genius to know she was ecstatic to see me, if it were up to her she would keep me locked in a room all th time so she could watch me like a hawk.

“Hey mom.” I said dully entering into familiar surroundings, immediately I was embraced with the refreshing aroma of home cooked bread.

“I’ll take bags to your old room.” My mom offered. I shook my head any mother would be asking their daughter what they were doing here so early in the morning but she wouldn’t.

My bedroom was the same as I had left it. It was still plastered with pictures of my favorite bands and pictures of my high school buds, none of whom I had spoken to since we left school.

“’I’ll make you some breakfast, just relax and if you need anything let me know.” My mom babbled.

“Where’s dad.” I asked.

She rolled her eyes before answering, “He went down to Brittany’s school, she’s in trouble again.” She said, My mom and my sister never got along, I never really understood why.

“oh.” I said. “Should he be moving about in his condition” I asked worriedly, he had only been discharged a few days after having his fourth heart attack, he should be taking it easy.

“You know your father, he’s stubborn, he says he’s fine and we shouldn’t worry.” My mom said with a frown clearly disagreeing. “Don’t worry about him dear I’ll take care of him, just relax.” She beamed at me.

After she was gone I collapsed on my bed and buried my face into my pillow. Jason immediately drifted to mind, a smile appeared over my face as I thought about him naked and me with my legs wrapped around him making hot love, it was one magical night and I wouldn’t forget anytime soon.

What am I doing here? I should be with Jason, every fiber of my being craved for him and here I was hiding in my parents’ house, yet how could I go back when my life was clearly in danger. But then if I didn’t I would never see Jason again I argued. I wouldn’t get to hold him, kiss him or catch him watching me during class ever again.  He must be wondering where I had disappeared off to by now.

“I should have left a note.” I scolded myself, at least that way he would have known where I was and not worry about me.

                                                            ***************

“Kaleen Susan Daniels come down this minute.” I heard my dad screaming three hours after I had arrived, Frowning I quickly went downstairs and found my parents arguing.

“…..of course she’s welcome, if she wants to come home she can anytime she wants to! Just leave her alone.” I heard my mom scolding my dad.

“No she needs to grow up; she can’t keep running away form everything and show up here expecting us to fix things.” My dad insisted, they continued to argue unaware of my presence.

“Hey dad.” I finally spoke when I couldn’t keep quite anymore.

They both looked up because I was standing on top of the stairs, “young lady pack your bags and go back right now.” My dad ordered.

“Jack!” My mom gasped. “My baby isn’t going anywhere.” My mom said. They started to argue again.

“Dad don’t worry I just need to stay here for two days and I’ll go back.” I assured him, I understood why my dad didn’t want me around, as a  kid whenever I screwed up I always run to them and expected them to make all my troubles disappear, dad was right I needed to grow up and own up to my mistakes.