Chapter 13 - Birthday Wishes

Start from the beginning

"Where did you get it?!" I asked, holding it up.

"We found it when we made a run." Rick stated.

"When did you make a run?" I asked.

"This morning. We only went because its your birthday." He answered.

"Thank you all so much!" I hugged everyone, even baby Judith who was in Carols arms.

I set my stuff in my cell and walked back out to the group. They were all waiting for me to cut the cake.

Once the cake was cut, everyone grabbed a piece and started eating. I walked over to where Rick and Daryl were socializing.

"Hey." I said. "Thanks for doing this."

"Don' sweat it." Daryl said.

"Yeah. You're important to us. We had to do something to celebrate." Rick said. "Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, and I are going to clear out the boiler block today, you in?"

"Definitely!" I replied. "You know I wouldn't want to miss that!"

"Alright." Rick said. "We're leaving in like 20 minutes, so get ready birthday girl."

Daryl and Rick smirked at me.

"Ok see you then." I said walking away to my cell.

***** 

The 20 minutes passed by quickly.

I walked out to Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, and Carl.

"Ready?" Daryl asked.

"Yup!" I said. I was really excited for this. I've been stuck inside this cell block for way to long. I needed to get out.

"Let's go then." Rick said.

We headed out of the cell block, on our way to the boiler block. Rick said he cleared it already. I wonder how it got overrun again.

We walked until we spotted a walker.

"Wait." I whispered. "I got it." I raised my crossbow and shot. I missed.

"Not such a hot shot now, are ya?" Daryl asked.

"Fuck off Daryl." I said, punching him in the arm. I shot again. This time it went straight through its forehead. "See? I just had to get used to it."

"Sure. What ever you say Am." Daryl said, walking past the rest of the group.

I rolled my eyes and collected my arrows.

We finally reached the boiler block after a couple more minutes of walking.

"Alright." Rick started. "This spot is going to be overrun so watch out for each other."

We split into groups of 2. Daryl and I, Rick and Carl, and Glenn and Maggie.

Daryl and I split up from the rest of the group and killed as many walkers as we could.

I saw a walker came towards me. It lounged at me, but I got to it first. I stabbed my dagger into its forehead and it fell to the ground.

Once all the walkers were dead, we came together again.

"Everyone alright?" Glenn asked. We all nodded our heads in response.

"Let's head back then." Rick said. "We can drag out all these corpses tomorrow."

We all turned to leave. I was walking in the back of the group, thinking of how the walkers got in. Didn't Allison say something about a gigantic hole in the wall of the prison?

I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around just as a walker sunk its teeth into my right forearm. I screamed in pain.

I got my dagger out of my pocket and stabbed it. Everyone came running to my side. Rick and Daryl lifted me to my feet. I was in to much pain to walk.

"Daryl, you're going to have to carry her!" Maggie said. "We need to get her back to the cell block!"

Daryl picked me up in bridal position and the group started running back to the cell.

Will I survive this? Hershel barely did when this happened to him.

Daryl carried my limp body into the cell block. 

"Carl! Empty a cell!" Rick told Carl as we ran in. 

Carl did as he was told. He cleared out his own cell that he shared with Rick.

"Hershel! We need you!" Rick yelled.

Hershel got over to us as fast as he could with his one leg. Daryl set my body on the bunk.

Hershel studied my arm.

"What happened?" He asked.

"She was bit!" Daryl yelled. "Can't you tell?!"

"Rick take him out!" Hershel said. "He can't be in here!"

Rick pushed Daryl out of the cell, before returning.

"What are we going to do?" Rick asked.

"What you did with me." Hershel replied.

Hershel grabbed Ricks axe and connected it right above my elbow. I screamed in pain and passed out.