The Prologue

A girl stumbles through the dense undergrowth. The forest encompasses with fog. The shadows seem to wait hungrily for her to fall into their clasp. How had she gotten here? She looks at the crescent moon uncertainly. The harder she stares up at the luminescent crescent, the wider it's grin becomes. Perplexed, the girl shivers as a deep chill settles into her bones. Trudging on she begins to feel as though someone is watching her, like a doe under a predator's watch.

"H-hello?" She calls out shakily. The girl swivels her head trying to find the unknown piercing stare. She glances back up at the moon for another moment then slowly she let's her gaze fall back down to the eerie forest. There. Past the jutted out rock off in the distance was a loping form she couldn't quite make out. It was coming closer, cautiously. Fixing her eyes on it, the form became clearer. It was a wolf. Not just any wolf, but a wolf with a sleek brown coat and a deep ragged scar on it's left shoulder blade. Unmoving the girl stands frozen. Within a couple seconds it comes to a stop only a few paces away. The girl peers questioningly into the wolf's analyzing dark pine eyes.

"Jhack is that you??" She asks with confusion. A few seconds pass, "Jhack what's going on??" The wolf looks down and shakes it head as if it had been looking for something more, then turns to leave. "Wait!" The girl anxiously pleads. The wolf gives her one last fleeting look before it bounds away into the growing mist. "We need you" the girl chokes out as all traces of the wolf existing disappears. Unsure of her surroundings and alone, she sinks to her feet with tears beginning to form.

____________________________________________________

This story will be unlike the many others that you've read. (You'll see why later on if you continue.) I'm currently working on the plot of the story and would love tips and advice for improving anything you see as you read. Thank you for taking time to read this story and I hope you will enjoy it.