Adrianne: Chapter one - The Human

PLEASE VOTE!!! 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------

Chapter 1 - Adrianne the human 

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO FIND TRUE LOVE? Is it more important than the quest for the truth? What if the truth that is found in love is missing? And all is left is love, would it be any different? And who would you choose? Your first love? Or the one who taught you how to love again?

Adrianne woke up, sweating and out of breath. It has been three days since she had fallen asleep like this. She tried to focus her eyes on her surroundings, but instead the images kept flashing before her eyes. She knew by the way they move aggressively meaning that whatever's going to happen would be unpleasant; and that it is her duty to see it through to the end.

“So? You're finally up?” A melodious voice said. Adrianne looked up and she saw Eliot holding a breakfast tray filled with food.

 “Yes! But I'm afraid I have some bad news. Those hooligans from the outskirts of town would come back again and well they are planning something... Unpleasant.”

“Really?” Eliot said. Moving closer. “Then would you mind telling me what they are planning to do?”  Eliot asked hopefully. 

Adrianne sighed.

“I can't. You know very well that if I tried I might lose over fragments of my memories again.”

“I know. I was just teasing you.” Eliot said. He smiled sheepishly.

“I know it was my entire fault for losing my memory. If I didn't tell M'a Docx about his future then maybe I could have still remembered everything about you, about us.” Adrianne said quietly. Her eyes at her lap trying to cover the tears that were clouding her vision.

It was Eliot's turn to sigh. “If you didn't tell him anything, he might have just killed you... or worse.” Eliot said darkly.

“I made a mistake, I’m sorry.” Adrianne said vainly trying not to blink the tears away

Eliot replied, “MISTAKES... there lies the problem, we can't erase everything we did, and we can't forget the decisions we made... As I've known ever since then, the human mind is not equipped with a delete function. However you on the other hand... you seem to have one.”

He said jokingly

“Hahaha! Very funny Eliot.” Adrianne said sternly.

Eliot stood up. “Come on we better get to the city.”

“Do we have to?” Adrianne said grudgingly.

“Of course we have to! We need supplies. Besides you could look around for something you might like.” Eliot said packing up their camp.

“I'd rather play with the animals...” Adrianne retorted huffily.

“There are plenty of animals in the city!” Eliot snapped back...  “well at least people who look like animals.” He muttered under his breath.

And act like one. He thought viciously.

“Precisely!”Adrianne said. The city therefore is not a concrete jungle but a human zoo"

Eliot stifled a laugh. He looked at Adrianne she was indeed beautiful; her midnight black hair flows pass her slim waist.

She was sitting in her usual crossed legged position balancing the tray on her lap. She took a bite of out the bacon drawing his eyes to her full luscious lips, her violet eyes sparkled with delight as she chewed slowly...

Her jawbones are perfect, strong and proud yet somehow quite delicate, she swallowed and it took all of Eliot's will power to not do the same thing because at that moment all he could think about was the hollow of her alabaster throat and how much he wanted to.....

“Eliot! Why are you looking at me like that and why is your mouth open?”

Adrianne's accusing voice floated on his head. Eliot shook his head trying to clear his mind. But he didn't realize that his mouth was still open, and a stream of spittle flew out of his open mouth.

“Eliot! That's disgusting! You almost spat on my bacon!!!”

Adrianne said shielding her breakfast from Eliot. While trying to look angry but failing...because Eliot realized his mistake and had just turned scarlet.

“Are you done drooling all over the place?” Adrianne said teasingly.

Eliot didn't say anything but he just turned around and finished packing, leaving Adrianne the chance to finish her breakfast and laugh at him...

But when he crouched down to fix the saddle he felt very uncomfortable sensation between his legs, knowing what it meant and determined not to give Adrianne anything more to laugh about, he stood up and said over his shoulder.

“I'm going to the river Adrianne. When you're done eating can you finish packing?”

Eliot said as evenly as he could.

“Yeah, Yeah. Leave the packing to me.”Adrianne said chewing another strip of bacon. Just do what you have to do and I'll wait for you here.

Hoping that mischievous flash in her eyes was just a result of the sun's rays illuminating her face. Eliot walked as casually as he could towards the edge of the clearing. Making sure he was concealed by the trees...

He made a run for it. Hoping against hope that the tinkling sound he had just heard was the sound made by the bell towers.

“Bloody hell!”

Eliot muttered, running at a breakneck speed towards the river.