Bite the Bullet Chp18

Warning: Everything is this chapter is my imagination. EVERYONE CHECK  out the Trailer I made for BITE THE BULLET on the side and yes I would like to thank "iamawesomest" for the beautiful banner on the side and XxAmoreSxX for editing my chapter.

Check out the Trailer.

 _________________________________________________________

~*~*~*They hover as a cloud of witnesses above this Nation.~*~*~*

"Don't let him go," Troy barked at the others, who were holding me in a firm grip. I struggled but it was all in vein, because they were holding my legs and arms, trying to put me on the ground. Other soldiers were gathering around, making a circle to see the show.

"Let go man, I swear when am free am gonna kick you all in the arse," I shouted but there was laughter in there.

"Pipe down," Hassan the second mastermind behind this was holding my hands said, with a grin so wide it was almost a miracle his lips didn't tear.

"This is our treat for your promotion, Blade," said Carlos, keeping his weight on me as they put my body on the ground, others let go and backed away only a step or two. When I tried to push Carlos back and stand up, at once something white was poured on my face. Now Carlos stood up and barks of laughter sang in the air. Seconds later, something cold hit my body, followed by dirt. I squirmed, hiding my face with my hands, which spread the shaving cream all over my face, covering my light stubble and lashes.

 "Congratulations' man," Troy chuckled joined by laughter of others. I lay there laughing as they emptied the cans of their shaving cream on me. I guess they'll have to borrow other team's shaving creams tomorrow.

"Now the best part," Carlos chimed, grabbing my shoulders, standing me up.

"Oh no, you don't," I yelled, struggling, but Carlos got a hold of my hands behind my back.

 "C'mon ladies, we have got ourselves a punching bag," he gave the green signal for the other almost twenty soldiers around me. I glared as Hassan stepped up, first shaking my hand congratulating me, then I huffed as his fist made contact with my chest.

"That hurt," I huffed, making him hit his knee while laughing.

Again, laughter rang around me, but I stood still enduring the punches on my chest. This was some sort of a promotion ceremony, no not the main ceremony, in which the higher rank would put a medal on our combat shirt. Whereas the boys had something unique in mind, like showering me with shaving cream, dirt, and water then to make it even better-delivering punches on me. Bloody cowboys!

**

Troy stared at me no expression on his face. His eyes spoke everything. He was confused, angry, annoyed and somewhat proud. "You did it man," he at last spoke, breaking the thick tension between us. I gave a nod.

"They were considering it during my duty here on the camp," I explained feeling a little anxious.

"They did the right thing," he delivered.

"You ain't mad?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Nah man, I knew your promotion wasn't far away. We all know you sort of worship this job and work hard for it." he cracked a smile. The annoyed expressions all flew away. I was confused then it hit me.

"Oh c'mon man! You were faking the drama all this time," I growled making him laugh. When we came back at the camp, Troy was sort of off, I thought he might be pissed off turned out I was wrong.