Hotter Than Hell - Sweet Deceptions

Chapter Eleven – Sweet Deceptions

After Jason dropped me back to my house, he drove away wordlessly. I didn’t say anything either because I couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened. Could someone have stood there in the dark staring at us while we almost made love? I shook my head as cold sensations crawled up my spine. I had to stop thinking about it before I went nuts! I rummaged through my bag looking for my house keys.

“Kaleen.” Someone called my name unexpectedly; I dropped the keys startled and turned around sharply to see who it was.

“Mrs. Buckhart.” I exclaimed, what the devil was she doing here I wondered. The way she stood, made me feel as if she had been camped out there all night waiting for me to return.

“So you’re still seeing that boy.” She asked.

I ignored her question, “Mrs. Buckhart what do you want? Didn’t I give you the money you requested?” I shouted at her already impatient.

“Well that’s just it, if you’re going to keep seeing that boy I don’t see why I can’t keep asking for more money……. I want another fifteen thousand.” She said plainly.

I knew it!! I knew she wouldn’t be content, I knew she would keep coming back for more. “I’m not giving you any more money.” I spat at her and dashed into my house before she had the chance to say anything else.

“…..if you don’t give me the money Kaleen I’ll tell the whole school what you are doing.” She shouted through my closed door. “You have three days.” She warned.

The next day I woke up with bags under my eyes and a throbbing headache, I would have skipped school but I had a test to conduct and I’m sure Jason would want to talk about the whole fiasco that happened last night. At school I went looking for him but I couldn’t find him, he didn’t have any classes with me today so that could explain his absence

 “Kaleen…there you I’ve been looking for you.” principal called as I was walking back to class.

 “Can I help you with anything principal Adams?” I asked.

“er yeah, there’s another student that I need you to take on, his name is Tom Reid, he’s failing literature horribly, I need you to help him write a two thousand word review.” Principal Adams explained.

“Uh sure.” I agreed.

At the end of my classes I had forgotten about principals’ Adams request for me to tutor Tom Reid until I was approached by a skinny boy with dirty blond hair.

“Miss Kaleen I’m Tom Reid.” He said stretching his hands out for a shake. I didn’t know why but his voice made my blood run cold.

 “Er right.” I said ignoring his handshake, he frowned a bit but sat down without another word.

“So what do you want to do?” I asked.

Three hours later I was glad to escape Tom Reid’s presence, not only did he scare me for an unexplainable reason, the boy was a horrible flirt and he didn’t bother to hide it. He kept making crude sentences and staring at my chest openly, I of course reprimanded him a couple of times but this boy looked hard core and I didn’t think detention would fix him. Tomorrow I would speak to Principal Adams about him; there was no way I could put up with that pervert.

“Need a ride miss Kaleen?” The familiar voice of Tom Reid rang in my ears.

I turned around and found him behind me; I had this unshakeable feeling that he had been following me all this time. The walls seemed to close down on me as I realized 99 percent of people in the school had no one was around.