Chapter 7

((EDITED 5/16/2016. There have been some adjustments and minor additions to the fight scene, continuity fixes, and minor dialogue changes.))

A/N:

Here you guys go, a nice long chapter. Please let me know what you think, it was quite difficult to write. This story is really taking off now and I'm so excited; PLEASE keep voting and commenting!

MULTIMEDIA:

Picture of Skylar's Dad >>>>>>>>>

Sorry in advance for any spelling/grammar errors, I tried to edit but it's late!

---

I opened my mouth to howl as the agonizing pain shot through my body but no sound came out. I felt the vampire's hands release my shoulders as I slowly sank to the ground, blindly clutching the wound as my eyes streamed with tears of pain.

Dimly I could hear the vampires conversing about something but all I could focus on was the burning sensation spreading throughout my body. Was I dying? Was a vampire bite fatal to a werewolf? My blood was screaming in my veins and my Wolf was howling in fury in the back of my mind, urging me to get up, to fight it. She wanted me to Shift but the pain of the bite and the sensation of the venom in my veins distracted me and distanced me from her. I wasn't sure I would be able to Shift at all; maybe that was one of the side effects of vampire poison. My stomach plummeted as I realized that if I couldn't Shift, I couldn't contact my friends; and there was no way I could focus enough through all of this pain to contact my family members from this distance.

It was the worst pain I'd felt in my life, unlike anything I'd felt before, worse even than the touch of silver to my skin. I drew back my lips to expose my elongated canines, snarling my fury as I focused on the two vampires in the alley.

One of them was gesturing at me as they discussed something. I tried to struggle to my feet but immediately collapsed back down, breathing hard and clutching my neck as if that would help. At least the vampire venom didn't cause immediate paralysis. Although part of me was certain I was going to faint from the pain at any moment, my Wolf urged me to retaliate before they could do anything else to me. I tried to suppress a deep whine of pain, knowing they would only get satisfaction out of that.

I took a deep, shuddering breath as I tried to control the pain. I gritted my teeth as the wound burned; I could feel blood trickling down the side of my neck. How dare those creatures bite me! How dare they attack me from behind!

Caught up in my furious thoughts, I drew all of my energy together as I focused on the vampire that had bitten me. I let my anger flood into my mind. It dominated all other coherent thoughts as my fury suffused me with heat. My eyes were watery with the pain, but I made every effort to suppress it, honing in on one target. I wasn't going to just sit here and let them kill me.

Attempting to ignore the searing agony, I crouched for a split second, angled myself at the vampire, then lunged.

My body uncoiled and flew through the air at a werewolf's speed. The vampire turned, eyes widening, and tried to dodge my attack but was not quick enough. My body hit his at full force and he flew backwards twenty feet, landing on his back with me on top of him.

I snarled, eyes still tearing up with the pain of the bite and prepared to sink my teeth into his pale throat. Then I sensed slight movement from behind me and I was being picked up by the neck and thrown backwards.

Twisting in the air I angled my position so I rolled as I hit the ground, quickly climbing to my feet to see the first vampire directly in front of me. I mentally cursed as I wobbled slightly; I had to get these damn heels off of my feet! The vampire was snarling as he drew his fist back and aimed a fast punch at my face.