Chapter Twenty Two♥

If anyone had told me a couple of weeks ago that I would be sharing a bed with Adrianna, I would have laughed in their face. Yet here I was, squashed against my bedside table to make sure that my sister had enough room as she climbed into bed with me. I turned to face her but she remained looking up at the ceiling, her blonde hair spread around her like a halo.

"It was horrible Jade." Adrianna whispered, "She just stared at me, and then she started asking me questioned, all these questioned, personal questions. I was so uncomfortable, I felt like I was in a zoo."

"It's her job to ask you question Ri." I reminded her softly.

"I know." She agreed quietly.

She slowly turned to face me, her eyes filled with tears. She looked so much younger without her heavy makeup, her skin pale and her eyelashes a light blonde colour.

"Why am I fucked-up Jade?" Adrianna sobbed.

I shook my head and scooted closer. I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her face in my pyjama shirt as I stroked her hair.

"You're not fucked up Adrianna." I promised her. "You're ok, you're fine."

"I just want this feeling to go away." She cried helplessly.

Tears stung the back of my eyes as I hushed her, moving to stroke her back comfortingly. I hated seeing her like this, I hated that I didn't know what to do or how to help her. I wanted to take away whatever she was feeling and make her into that happy little girl she used to be; but I couldn't, and that upset me more than anything.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

"Are you sure Miles said it was round here?" Lucy questioned doubtfully as she looked out the window of the taxi.

I glanced down at my phone, the screen illuminating the leather exterior of the car. We were driving down a bumpy road, clusters of trees each side of us which made it so dark it was hard to make out anything.

"Yeah, he said there should be a carpark up ahead." I confirmed.

"It better be, this feels like a horror film scenario waiting to happen." Lucy hissed, before leaning closer to me, "Especially since the taxi driver gives me the creeps."

As if the driver had heard her, he suddenly took his eyes off the road, a twisted smile forming on his face and making his black moustache appear even more prominent. Lucy shivered beside me and looked out of the window, her lips curling in disgust.

We were on our way to Miles's bonfire party. He had messaged me on Facebook to give me the details and location, he had also invited Lucy, Violet, Rebecca and Edward. Rebecca and Edward were getting a lift from his parents and none of us knew if Violet was coming or not, she hadn't spoken to any of us for the past two weeks.

"Do you know if Jared is coming?" Lucy questioned.

I sighed and shook my head, "I don't know, he's barley speaking to me."

"You did friendzone him." Lucy reminded me.

"It wasn't like that!" I protested. Lucy turned in her seat so she was looking at me, her expression attentive as she waited for me to go on, "I'm just confused."

"What are you confused about?" Lucy pressed curiously.

"I'm confused about our relationship I guess. We argue and then we kiss, and then we argue again and then kiss again. It's a vicious circle." I tried to explain, "I just thought maybe if we we're just friends, we could get to know each other better, decide if we actually want to progress...into something more."