Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A simple crush starts with the eyes and then it enters your heart, goes through your mouth and then… I don’t know. Haha I don’t know what else to say about “Crush”. For me when you have one you don’t know the reason why you like that person. It’s just you like that person. Period.

The pain of the rehearsals came and Mr. Severino sat on his director’s chair and positioned us all on the stage. Only then he broke the news about my sister. Since we all knew that she had a terrible sprain and she almost broke her spine, as the understudy I was obliged to finally play the role of Gabriella.

Since that day our English professor was not in, Mr. Severino took over our class and he set up some of my classmates and schoolmates to help put up the decorations.

I settled on the decorations committee where my friends were assigned. While our director was still arranging some staffs to change I manage to take a look at some of the props and I was fascinated by a sticky-arrow toy gun.

“Careful with that.” Andrew joked as he motioned at the toy gun. He held his camera up to take a picture of me—with the gun. Pretty bad ass, huh?

I laughed at my predator look on the screen of his camera.

“Does it work?” he examined it for me. We both found an arrow to it and got fascinated when it stuck on the wall.

“You know you could be arrested for bringing a gun here.” Cupid said as he joined us.

I rolled my eyes. “Duh. Do you want me to shoot you so you’d shut up.” I positioned the toy gun at him just in time Janica pushed me. I accidentally pulled the trigger and shot Cupid with the arrow. All three of them laughed when the arrow shot Cupid’s stomach.

“Bad shot.” He said as he pulls off the plastic arrow and walked gracefully towards me. “You should have aimed for the heart.” He handed me the arrow I shot him. How I wish it was a real arrow. Dang!

When he left Janica placed the arrow to my forehead. “Wake up, princess no sunny day dreams!”          

I sighed. “I wanna barf.”                                              

Before anything else could happen, Mr. Severino clapped his hands and we all went center stage to meet him.

“Oh my gosh.” Janica gripped the hem of my.

“AW. Easy on my shirt it’s not a paper!” I snarled at her but she just continued on staring at something that I don’t know. When I followed her gaze I saw her crush Brail Hastings. He’s also a senior and one of the jocks and part of Cupid’s clan.

“Oh, now I see.” I snickered.

She punched me.

“What?” I scowled at her. “You are such a sadist. Go find a suitable punching bag!”

“He’s not that bad looking, Psyche.” She defended him.

“Did I say that?” I prompted and she rolled her eyes at me.

“You know, Cupid’s really acting so weird lately.” She started. Oh here we go again.

I pretended that I was not interested. “How come you said that?”

“Because normally guys like him don’t really go to drama clubs.” She answered.

I snickered. “Him? Normal?”

“What do you think of him? An animal?” she sneers at me. “Don’t be harsh. You’re getting obvious.” her voice almost raised.

“Obvious to what?” I snap at her.