Down Ass Chick: Loyalty is Everything PREVIEW

“So you can be on Instagram flirtin wit these hoes, but you can’t call to see about yo fuckin child, Rah? Really? The one that you asked for!” I was going off on him. I was really upset, we hadn’t talked in over a week and I was really pissed.

“Baby, I’m sorry. I been real busy lately and I just ain’t been havin time to call you.”
“I’m tired of your shit! I been here over four months and I’ve barely seen you! It’s coo though, me and Jaheim don’t need you, or nobody else!” I screamed into the phone.

“Bae, I know you real hormonal and everything, just hear me out right fast…” I cut him off again.

“Fuck you, Rah!” I said.

“Tracey, chill the fuck out. I’m tryna talk! I’ma be down there next week. You happy?”
“What do you mean, am I happy? You not doin me no favors! You just can’t do nothing right!”

“Well, anyway, when I come down there, I was thinkin I’ma bring Melanie down there.” He said.

“Just cause I been being cordial with the hoe, don’t mean I wanna live with her, Rah.”

“I know, but I want her and Raina down there, it’s just not safe right now.”
“I guess, it’s not like I can tell you what to do about her. It’s up to you, this ain’t my house. If Liza and Q are okay with it, I’m okay with it.” I spoke nonchalantly. It got quiet for a while.

“Bae, I don’t want you to be mad at me.” Rah said.

“I’m not mad, Raheem.”

“Well, I gotta go Baby, I love you.” He said.

“Bye.” I hung up and threw my phone onto my cheetah print comforter. I laid back and rubbed my belly. Jaheim was in a position that was making me uncomfortable. Tears slipped from my eyes.

“I love you.” I spoke to my unborn. He was the only one I needed. I heard a knock at the door. “Come in.” I spoke in a defeated tone. Eliza walked into my room. She came and plopped down on the bed next to me. She was wearing her scrubs, so I figured she just got off of work.

“Are you okay?” She asked me. I nodded.

“Do you see how swollen my feet are? Just a month and a half left, and my baby will be here.” I gushed.

“It’s normal. My feet were like sausages when I was having Rachel.  It’s almost over Baby, be strong.” She said. I smiled at Eliza. She was always positive and support. Since I was pregnant, I had become very pessimistic and having someone like her around came in handy.

“Did Q tell you that Melanie is moving here?” I asked her. She nodded.

“You are very strong and mature Tracey, not many women could live with a woman who slept with their man.” She said.
“I know, I’m so over all the petty arguing. I’m beginning to realize that you can’t keep a man who doesn’t want to be kept. I am so over Raheem and all the drama. I’m just ready for my little boy to get here.” I said.

“So are you giving up?” She asked me.

“No, I still love him and I want to be with him. I just can’t fight anymore.”

“I understand you completely Honey, just know that I’m here if you need to talk.” She got up and walked off. I laid there, thinking about what I wanted to do. Just then, Chanel  burst into my room. She was Rah’s cousin. She was very wild and free spirited. She was a party girl and we got along well.

“You always in the house, Tracey!” She plopped down on the bed. I rolled my eyes.

“Chanel, I’m fat as fuck, I’m waddling all over the place, there’s no point in me going anywhere. I don’t wanna slow you down.” She said.