Blast from the past

Chapter 31

We'd been walking for about an hour and I was bone tired. It got so bad that I had to lean on Julian for support. We were talking down an unfamiliar hallway. Well as unfamiliar as it can be when all the hallways in this place were dark, gloomy, and omnious. I stole a glance at Kasper. He was looking straight ahead tensing up at every little sound.

I leaned over to him and whispered, "Relax. We're going to get out of here just fine."

He nodded at me at looked forward again just as we came to a turn. It was the door and stairway and door that Julian and I used to get in here. I smiled in relief but it quickly disappeared when I realized that I had to walk up all those stairs. Not to sound lazy, but I was very tired and I don't think I have the strength.

I looked at Julian and as if her knew what I was thinking, which he probably did, he handed me to Kasper. Kasper picked me up in his arms bridal style with one arm under my knees and another supporting my back. Then we all traveled up the stairs. Julian and Kasper were practically running up the stairs, but still heeding the fact that I was in Kasper's arms.

Julian pushed open the door and bright sunlight hit my eyes. I blinked a few times, adjusting my eyes to the sun. We stepped out of the the tomb and walked out into the cemetery. It wasn't half as scary as it was when we came here the other night. We must of been underground for at least half a day.

We started walking torwards Julian's car which was still there from the time we got there. We got closer and saw the men crowded around the car.

It was a group of very old men at least 5 of them all standing around the car as if they had never seen it before. Kasper and Julian stopped abruptly and stared at the men. I stared too and saw one of the men looked familiar. As if I knew him.

He wasn't dangerous, I knew that much. But I still couldn't remember who he was. He had pale skin and a bald head. His eyes were a light brown. They were so kind. So warm. They revealed the pain he'd gone through. His old age and all the years he'd dealt with.

The man turned and I looked at me. At that moment his mouth opened in a happy shock, The ne smiled. I smiled back. Kasper must have known who it was because he set me down and let me go.

As soon as my feet hit the ground I starting running torwards the man. When I got to him I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly, tears running down my face.

"Hello child. I missed you," he said.

"Orpheus," I whispered.