Part 5

Sorry it took awhile to get this next part up. I'm trying to finish up Part 6 and hopefully get it up this weekend.

From here on out, let's assume that most parts will be unedited and a little rough.

Again, please don't forget to leave comments. I'd love to know what you think about the story so far.

Enjoy!

*****************************************************************************

There were at least ten huts standing in the center, but around them where large piles of ashes just as wide. People walked solemnly around as though they were in pain. Some of the people had bandages across their torsos, on their legs and arms, and even around their heads. It was quite a depressing view and she felt herself pity them for suffering.

She then realized that they must have been recently attacked which would explain their defensiveness at her intrusion. Glancing back at Raush, she noticed he looked slightly pale, and the blood was dripping down his chest. He shoved her forward again, and she rolled her eyes at him. He shoved her in the direction towards one of the huts that had two men standing on either side of the entrance. The chief and his grandson were nowhere in sight.

The woman kept walking forward, avoid the strange and wary looks that the people were giving her. As they neared the hut, a group of women that were gathered together at the edge of the village, between the huts and the farmlands, began whispering and a female voice cried out. A lone tribal woman broke away from them and ran towards Raush, her eyes filled with worry and the creases on her forehead prominent. Raush's hold on his prisoner stiffened, and she wondered who the woman was.

"Raush! Raush! What happened to you?" She reached him and placed her small hands on either side of his face.

Raush shook her off, "I'm fine, woman."

"But- wait, let me get some bandages and clean you up."

He ignored her and pushed the captive to one of the men by standing by the hut. "Tie her up and don't let her get away."

"Wait- who is she? Did she do this to you?" The woman's voice sounded angry now.

"Itzal, go-" Raush began, but he was too late.

Itzal walked forward and spat in the woman's face. "How dare you attack my husband?!" Reaching to slap her, Itzal gasped angrily when someone grabbed her arm to stop her. Everyone was shocked when it was Raush, who was giving his wife a glare  that stopped her.

"No one will harm her. The Chief has plans for her." He threw Itzal's arm to the side, forcing her to take a few steps back. The look of hurt on her face clear, but she understood there was nothing she could do. Glaring at the woman again, she left to gather the bandages for her husband.

The guards then pulled the woman into the small hut, which was mostly empty. There was one hemp blanket laid out on the floor, probably for when the guards changed shifts. The only other thing in the space was a thick wooden pole that reached floor to ceiling, place in the center of the room. She could see that it was worn and scratched at the base of the pole.

The one of the guards the pushed her back against the post, making her face him. "Tie her hands together. If she managed to hurt Raush, she will need to be restrained tightly." The other guard obeyed and gathered her wrists behind the wooden post, pulling out a leather strap to tie her up.