Chapter 6: Great Idea?

Zarah's POV

I ducked my head low, and waited for him to sit down somewhere in the classroom. I knew I should have started doing niqab sooner! Why is he here? HIM of all the people in my world! Why Allah? Why??

The math teacher spoke again, "Mr. Yusuf, please take a seat at the back, and we'll get started." Yusuf took a seat at the back, next to the window.... which means, he sits three seats behind me. Not bad. At least he won't recognize me. None of my friends were in the same math class as me. Especially Sarah. Okay, so all I have to do is rush out, and I won't be seen.

Right when I was getting settled, someone called out my name, making me look up abruptly. 

"Zarah, What's the answer?" My math teacher asked. I flushed, and shook my head. "Okay fine, Aaron, What's the answer?" I got picked on. Well that doesn't necessarily mean Yusuf knows it's me, right?

What's the worst that could happen anyways? Just plain old caos.

I hated him.  

Every time I'm around him, I get extremely uncomfortable, clumsy and I start feeling out of place. He's the bundle of bad luck I received in my childhood; My good childhood friend. It's not because he was rude, it's actually because he was too nice.

After math class finished I walked out really quickly, avoiding to meet any ones eyes. I heard someone running behind me. I started walking even faster. Whoever it was caught up real quick, and said, "Are you trying to outrun the crops??" Drake asked. I slowed down, and looked at him, "Uh, no~! I just need to get to biology really fast. What's up?" I asked.

"Well, since we're going to the same class, I thought I should catch up with you." He said nothing more and smiled. I smiled too. At least it's not that idiot. 

A Week Later

"A what?" I asked.

"An MSA." My mom answered while we sat around the dining table. I was eating. My mom was looking through checks, and Sarah was doing homework. Dad wasn't home yet.

"You want me to start an MSA? At school? Me? The most unsociable girl on earth?" I asked. "What does it stand for anyways?"  

"It stands for Muslim Student Association. How can you not know what it means? At Sarah's older school, they had one." My mom said. "I know you're unsociable and what not, but if you help others with problems, you'll help yourself too. I can't guarantee that you'll help Sarah, since she completely hates our religion, but it can help other Muslims in your school. And who knows, you could probably  encourage people to do a little good. Actually no, you will. I guarantee that. That club could set up bake sales for the poor, do pink hijab day, and a lot more. That is, as long as you're willing to try. Sarah you want to help out?" 

"Well, I don't completely hate it... But I won't accept its logic. Yeah, sure, I'll help out." Sarah said. It's great that she said anything at all, because all of her and mom's conversations were carried out through me. 

I looked at Sarah, and squinted at her. "You're completely different at school than you are at home..." I whispered. She gave me the 'whaaaaaat?' look, and I turned back to my food. I guess I could try it out. But I don't know the first thing about make a club, especially an MSA.

"Oh, and I heard Yusuf came back." My mom said. "His mom came over."

"O-Oh. I actually didn't know that. When... did they come back?" I asked, after eating the last bite of my oatmeal. It was a Friday morning, and I was dressed and ready to sleep in Law class.

"You seriously didn't know? Yusuf said he's in your math class." My mom said.

"I didn't see him." I hate lying, but I'm starting to love running to biology class, and away from math class.

"Well he saw you, and he thought you didn't remember him, but I told him that you just don't like talking, especially to guys."

Wow.

"When did HE talk to you, mom?" I asked, picking my bag up.

"Well he comes from time to time. He live right next door anyways." N-Next door?

I stopped and waited for Sarah, as she packed her bag. "Who's Yusuf?" Sarah asked.

"He used to play with Zarah when they were small. He's the same age as her." I waved at my mom, and said salaam. Sarah said bye. 

"So are you going to start that club, or not?" I lazily waved my hand at her. "Can we talk about this at lunch? I can't think properly right now."

She nodded. "I'll help if you want me to." Sarah said. I looked at her.

"Than let's talk with Aaliyah, Noor, and what was her name again?" I asked.

"Her name's Alveena, remember?" Sarah asked.

"She's a nice girl. And I'd have never thought you would associate with another muslim. You basically hated on Muslims the first time we met right?"

"Meh. They're okay. I think you should really start that club. Mom wants it too, and who knows? You could probably be the president."

President? I won't. I don't want to. 

Assalamualikum wa rehmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

It's me, the author (Obviously -_-)

'Kay! Now let me give you guys a little info. Zarah's life is at least 50% exactly like mine. But the other 50%? Not so much.

I'm a high schooler at a public school, and me and my friends really want to start an MSA. But we keep getting lazy each and every day. We tried looking for a staff advisor and got our club idea rejected twice by two teachers already. Plus, there's no Muslim teachers at my school.  I don't really get how we're going to be able to get this club set for our last year; grade 12.

Yeah, that's about it. Anyways I'll work hard, trying to get this story updated more earlier, AND try to get an MSA set for my last year in high school (Currently in grade 11). I'll tell you guys how it goes... not confident, but I'll try.

Anyways Peace and Assalamualaikum!