Chapter 1

"YOU IDIOT! YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS?" My father yelled at me for the 5th time in 2 hours.

"I'm sorry. I-" I whimpered.

"NO EXCUSES. THERE IS NO REASON YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING FOOD FROM THE FRIDGE!"

He doesn't let me eat much. Had I not been taking food, all I would have had to eat this week would have been a sandwich.

He kept hitting me. I didn't really mind anymore. It kind of felt.... good. That's the worst part.

He kept going, and going. Eventually, I passed out. When I woke up, I was on the couch. There was a man standing over me.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!?!?" I screamed. I hoped I'd break his hearing aid so it did that ringing thing and I could get away. But he didn't seem to have hearing aids.

"I'm Albus Dumbledore. And you are..."

"I'm Rebecca..." I said, bewildered.

"It wasn't a question. You are Sophia Potter."

"No, I'm not. I'm Rebecca."

Then this Albus dude sighed. "I feared it would be like this. Let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain. My father already explained it all."

"Did he really?" he said. It was clearly a question this time.

"Yep. He and my mom got a divorce after she got pregnant. When I was one, I was dumped here, with him."

"That is what he believes. Sadly, your entire life has been a lie. Have you ever noticed how different you look from your father?"

"He- he said I look like my mother..."

"That's true. And yet, you don't know his lies, as you have never seen your mother, nor his ex-wife."

"But-"

"I'll explain it all on our way to bring you to safety.