Chapter 11

Melissa's POV:

I wake up to the amazing feeling of love bites being placed on my neck, causing me to flutter my eyes open.

"Good morning baby girl," I hear a soothing voice whisper.

I smile a little and turn around to face him.

"You woke me up," I tell him, giving him pouty lips after.

Justin chuckles after, giving me a light peck on the nose.

"I'm sorry princess," he says with a grin following, pulling me into his chest under the blankets.

"Someone's in a good mood," I point out.

"Why would I be in a good mood?"

I raise my eyebrow at him and stare.

"It's Connor's-"

"Baby, can we not talk about this," he interrupts.

"Justin, it's okay to be upset. Connor was your best friend and being at his-"

"Melissa," he calls, but I ignore him.

"Don't hold your feelings in Justin."

"Can we just-"

"Justin, you can't hold your feelings in like this."

"For fucks sake! Melissa, fuckin' spare me with this bullshit!"

I'm silenced by his harsh request and his strict demeanor.

I look up at him, seeing I've upset him. I look down in guilt.

I hear him huff out a breath before closing his eyes tight and opening them again.

"I'm sorry baby girl."

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I pushed you too far."

He rests his forehead on mine, a frown forming on his face.

"I'm such a fuck up," he mumbles.

I cup his face in my hands.

"Stop saying that."

"It's true Melissa."

"No, its not. Remember when I was pregnant, and I was worried about this gang shit, too? Then, you told me that you were gonna protect me and Bella with your life?"

He nods.

"Well, look at us. We're both safe, aren't we?"

"I understand Melissa. I just can't believe I lost one of my best friends..."

I lean up and kiss his nose.

"If you need anything, I'm here."

* Later *

Justin's POV:

I stop and take a deep breath, looking at the circle of gang members.

In the middle is a picture of Connor, while the night sky is light with stars and the bright moon.

In addition to that is the gang members holding tall lit candles in their hands.

"C'mon Justin. You can do this," I say to myself.

I take another deep breath before feeling fingers intertwine with mine.

I turn to see Melissa, a small reassuring smile on her face.

"You ready?"

I nod.

We begin to walk hand in hand to the vigil.

I begin to hear Za speak, and I listen in closer while the circle begins to split, making room for Melissa and I to enter the circle.

I glance at Valerie holding Bella, seeing tears roll down her cheeks.

She wouldn't be crying if it wasn't for me.

"Long story short, I haven't known Connor for long. But, he was a pretty dope person. The gang was serious to him. It was a part of him, just like all of us. It's a shame shit like this happens," Za continues.

He looks up at the sky before taking a deep breath.

"We miss you Connor," he breathes out.

He looks down at his candle and blows it out.

He gets back in the circle, allowing Melissa and I to step in the center.

I look at everyone, seeing faces of sadness.

Nerves start kicking me, causing me to shake a little.

All I can do is take another deep breath and begin.

"As you all know, Connor was the leader before I was. He chose me because he thought I had more potential then he did. I honestly think he was wrong. I let this gang fall apart due to shit of my own and I'm sorry."

"You did all you could man," I hear Khalil speak up.

I look up, seeing Za nod in agreement.

"Stop fuckin' doubting yourself. Shit happens, you're a dope leader," Za tells me.

Everyone cheers in agreement.

I continue.

"But, this isn't about me. It's about Connor. I met Connor when I was 16. He was sorta like an older brother to me. He always was. He's been through every step of the way with me. I'm gonna miss him. It sucks losing someone close to you."

I look at Melissa and wrap my arm around her, pulling her close to my side.

I kiss her temple.

"The gang is like a brotherhood. Every member you see standing next to you, I don't give a mother of fuck if you don't like them. You all should look out for each other, like brothers. That's what Connor and I did."

"Even the new members," I say, looking at Leo.

He nods.

"Connor was a good man. We should all remember how great he was. It's gonna be different without him, but we'll manage. Connor would want us all to pull through. So, let's get our shit together and the best gang there is."

Cheers fill the silent night.

Melissa wraps her arms around me, pulling me into an embrace.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alright. This chapter is dedicated to @Loyalcaniff.

I love you so much buttercup. It means a lot that you read my books and enjoy them. I work hard on them. I always see your votes and comments also. Thanks baby for supporting me. Ilysm.

Fam, y'all add me on Snapchat yet? If you didn't, add me msswaggy15. I'll add back. More bomb ass snapchat stories coming.

Guys, I think I've been hanging out with Kermit the frog too much because I got no chill.

I've been sipping on a lot of bomb ass tea.

I've been slaying fake and annoying bitches lately.

Like, a bitch wanna talk shit about a couple that walks by them. But, at the end of the day, they're still single as fuck. But, that's none of my business.

* Sips tea *

Oh, and when a bitch think she shit and act all tough but cry over spilled milk. But, that's none of my fuckin' business, too.

* Sips tea again *

Hahahaha. Fuckin' help me.

Alright, I'm out.

Want the next chap? 40+ votes and a few comments

~ Malikah