Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Zia (POV)

I dragged Damon into the house, then quickly picked up the phone in my shaking hands and dialled Dan's number. He picked up after the second ring and he sounded a little annoyed. "Darcy what is it? I'm an important meeting!"

"DanitsDamonWeneedyourhelp!" I sobbed all in one go.

"Darcy slow down what's going on?"

"JUST HURRY AND GET HOME!" I cried through the tears running freely down my face, gasping to catch my breath I put the phone down and went back over to where Damon was groaning in pain. His skin had gone pasty and he was burning up, the three claw marks on his face stood out in contrast to his pale skin. They had stopped healing but they hadn't completely disappeared, the skin around them seemed to be folding in, in an abnormal way.

"Damon! Damon! Wake up!" I shouted as I shock him by his shoulders but it was no use it was as if he couldn't hear me at all. I lifted his head and place it on my lap in an attempt to make him a little more comfortable, I was so scared of what would happen to Damon, worst of all it was my fault! He got hurt trying to save me! Just because I didn't feel like getting out of bed.

That creepy monster was like nothing I'd ever seen before in my 17 years of living! But it was horrible, its eyes looked so familiar but that couldn't be they were so dead and emotionless. At one point I thought there was something almost human about it but that moment was over as quick as it had come.

"DARCY!" I heard Dan shout.

"I'm in here!" Dan was in front of me before I could even get the words out. "Dan I don't know what's wrong with him! You have to help him!"

"Shh! Shh! It will be ok, He will be ok. I need you to calm down" he easily flung Damon over his shoulder "bring some towels and a bowl of cold water!"

I ran to the bathroom and picked up any towels I could find and then got a bowl of cold water before running into the guest room where Dan had placed Damon on to the bed. I placed everything on the bedside table as Dan began to pull Damon's shoes off.

"Go and get my leather satchel, with all my medical equipment from my chambers and call your brother we're going to need his help." I did as he told me and once I came back Dan had stripped Damon down and used a thin blanket to cover his modesty. "When can Caleb get here?"

"He said he got into the car as we speak and it shouldn't take him more than a few hours if things go in his favour." I cried.

"Good" he said and stood in front of me with his hands on my shoulders "now look Darcy, I know you are very fond of this boy so I need you to hold it together for his sake ok?" I nodded "first I need you to calm down and show me what happened ok?" I nodded and he sat me down on the end of the bed. I closed my eyes and I felt Dan take a hold of my hands, I took one deep breath in and brought the memory to the surface and then as I breathed out I pushed it into Dan's awaiting mind. He sat quietly for a second but once he'd watched what had happened through my eyes he gave me a quick shake "ok I need you to stay with him and every time that goes warm I need you to replace it and you need to constantly be wiping his body down with the cold water using another towel because we need to do everything we can to keep his body temperature down without changing it drastically. Got it?" I nodded "good."

He opened his bag and pulled out a small cylinder and something that looked like an injection but I couldn't be sure because I was standing behind him. He got back up and held up a small vial that held a little bit of blood, "I'll be back soon" he zipped out of the room and I tried my best to stay calm as I soaked a towel in the cold water and gently wiped Damon's chest, afraid of hurting him because his skin was so pale it almost look translucent. It looked so fragile that I felt like I was going to break him or tear his skin if I dabbed the towel too roughly.