15 | shocking

1 5

S H O C K I N G

"What? Tori, why am I sensing danger?" I started panicking and she didn't reply.

"Tori." I shouted as I dragged my suitcases out of the airport so that I did not disturb the others inside the airport. "Answer me!" She kept her silence with me and didn't answer as she talked to other people in the place where she was.

"Tori, are you in a hospital?" I shouted at her once again, frustrated that she wasn't providing me with any answer. Finally she mumbled a yes.

"Fuck." I started panicking way more. "Is Luke and Ella alright?"

"It's not them. They are just affected and distorted." She whispered, respecting the fact that she was in a hospital.

"Can you come and pick me up?" I asked.

"But I can't drop you home. It's a one destination trip then: the hospital." She said.

"Alright." I cut the call and started fidgeting with my fingers. This wasn't good. Not at all. Seeing a depressed Luke and Ella was way more traumatizing than Luke himself not coming to board the plane.

Cars were zooming on the road as I gazed; The road being perfect since it was obviously near the airport. I had dropped my suitcases on the floor and stood there, waiting for Tori to make her appearance.

Fifteen minutes passed and Tori stood before me in her red car. She was strumming on the steering wheel. I dumped my suitcases in the backseat and got in, next to her in the front. She smiled at me and started driving, heading to the hospital.

"Who's at the hospital, Tori?" I asked, nearly yelling since she was not letting out the information I required.

"Trent's at the hospital, okay?" She answered, letting out a huge sigh.

"What? Why? Who? When? How?" I spat out, in aghast.

"Calm down, Elle." She said, trepidatiously. "I've had enough of crying, worrying and panicking done from both Ella and Luke."

"Answer me, would you, Tori?" I begged of her. She sighed once again and began.

"He was driving last night, to God knows where. And yeah, another car came ahead, towards him and collided. The police came, reported and declared the guy in the other car dead and Trent badly injured and hurt. Few people there took him to the hospital and the hospital rang up his parents and slowly, people got to know Trent was injured by this morning and panicking arose. Elle," She paused for a second. "She cried. Ella cried like nothing ever existed. And Luke, I've never seen him so sad till date. It was heartbreaking." You haven't seen him when his sister died then, I thought.

"Oh. What did the doctors say?" I enquired, meekly.

"By the time, I had left they had just told Ella to not worry and that they would try their best." She said, focussing on the road.

Within the next five minutes, we were parked in the parking section for the cars, in the hospital. After asking her which floor they were in, I ran into the hospital, leaving Tori to follow my trails. I rushed to the specific floor to see Ella crying and Luke sitting away from her, silently and depressed. Nevertheless, they were all next to the door that led to Trent.

"Ella." I called out, in my broken voice. She looked up at me. As much as Ella cared for me, Trent did too. That guy was like the older brother I never had. The times I shared with him were too memorable to be done with and I wouldn't want to. I remember how he promised he would never talk to Ian (he called him a 'prick') after he broke up with me. Oh and the fact that he passed me money every weekend. Trent was perfect and I could understand how much it was tearing Ella apart.