The Art of Murder

Ok guys, just want to see how this one takes off. It's a lot different that from what I'm used to writing but please comment and let me know what you think!

*****************************************************************************************************************

Prologue

The smell of blood wafted through the air as he stared down at the cold lifeless girl on the motel double bed. After a night of drinks and dancing, he brought his date back to this room to end the night on a good note. Two hours of rough sex had him wanting more; more than just a night of good sex. He wanted a thrill and the only thing that would bring him that high he craved so much was watching the life fade out of a beautiful girl's eyes.

Killing didn't bring him any sexual gratification like some people would think. No, killing took him on such an unbelievable high, it would take him two days to come back to reality. Drugs couldn't take him to that level; he had already tried the drug induced route. For so long he had been searching for that void in his life but nothing helped fill it until the first time he took a life. That was one girlfriend and two years ago. That night was the beginning of his new life.

Crystal had been his everything for two wonderful years. With long mahogany hair, steel amber eyes and a body he still couldn't get out of his head, she was a woman who could turn heads when she entered a room. He first met her when he moved into the same apartment building. The instant he saw her, he knew he had to have her. The woman had been the only thing that had stilled the rage that coursed through his veins until that one fateful night when she wanted to end things. All the calm he had worked so hard to perceive quickly dissolved and the rage overtook him leaving Crystal still lying in an unmarked grave five-hundred miles away.

At first, he tied her to his bed and had one last good ride before losing himself to the darkness deep inside. He had no idea that torture could be such a beautiful thing; as beautiful as looking at a piece of art in his eyes. With her mouth gagged, he began to make a masterpiece out of her with what limited supplies he had on hand. His “supply” list has grown quite a bit over the last two years since that night.

After two days of trying to reason with Crystal, promising her the pain would stop as long as she changed her mind about leaving him, her last breath expelled out of her body and the monster was born. Looking back on things, he had come to the conclusion that she had been took weak for him anyway. She would have never loved him the way he needed to be loved; never strong enough to still the rage that ran rampant through his veins now. Now, every time he took a life, he felt power like that of a god; power to give and take life.

Blood seeped into the white sheets turning them crimson. Dead blue eyes stared up at the ceiling as he cleaned hi prints from every surface he had touched. Once he left this room, he would leave this city and head to the next. There was a reason he hadn't been caught yet and this was why. He always worked very diligently after he had his fun. After he walked out of this room, nothing would be left but a body and the poor girl's blood. There would be absolutely no trace of him ever being here and since this motel was on the rundown side of town, no cameras were anywhere to capture his face. It was one of the advantages of bringing someone to a place like this.

Pulling the surgical gloves from his sweaty hands, he packed up his supplies in the unique way he had developed over the last two years. Scalpels, surgical gloves, needles, even a few saline bags were placed in the bag. He quickly realized this poor girl wasn't worth his time so her death had been quick compared to the other. Taking one last look into those lifeless cold eyes, he walked out of the motel room with a pep in his step. Time for a new identity, new city and a new victim. By the time that girl would be found, he would be hours away from the scene; hours away from ever being caught...