It was a dare [boyxboy oneshot]

"C'mon, Lu. It's not like he knows who you are. If it goes bad or he wants an explanation, you can just say it was a dare"

"I can't just say it was a dare"

"Fine then. I dare you. I dare you to walk over there right now and kiss Jason Blake on the lips"

---

They were at some house party. Jason wasn’t really sure whose, or even where. He stood with some of his friends, just listening to them, but not really taking part in the conversation. He wasn’t really listening either. He pretty much zoned out when two of the guys started an argument over something he really didn’t have any interest in what so ever.

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see a boy, seemingly his own age, though slightly shorter than himself. The boy was looking at him. He seemed slightly nervous. Jason couldn’t really place him, so he figured the boy might be nervous about talking to him. Jason Blake was a part of the so called popular crowd, after all. People often got nervous talking to them. However stuck up that sounded, it was unfortunately the truth.

Jason liked talking to people, though, no matter what crowd they hung with, or who their friends were, or what they wore. He smiled at the boy in front of him, in a way he hoped was encouragingly, waiting for him to talk. The boy’s gaze flashed to the side, before he looked back at Jason, seemingly more determined. And then the boy spoke.

“Sorry” he said, though he didn’t sound very apologetic.

“For what?” Jason wondered. He couldn’t recall the boy having any reason to apologize to him at all.

“For this” the boy answered. It took a brief moment for Jason to process what the boy said, but as the boy grabbed his shirt collar, he figured he was about to get hit. For what, he wasn’t sure. But he didn’t really get time to dwell on it, because suddenly the boy’s lips were on his.

Jason was so surprised he wasn’t sure how to react. But he didn’t push the boy away. The kiss didn’t last very long anyway. He felt the boy sigh against his lips, and then the boy pulled away. He mumbled a “Sorry” again as he turned to walk away. Jason grabbed his shoulder, stopping him. The boy turned around, his expression a mixture of worry and surprise.

"What was that for?" Jason asked.

"It was a dare" the boy said as his expression changed to an apologetic one, mixed with what seemed like a hint of regret, before he walked away.

Jason just stood there in surprise. He had just been kissed by some random boy. And he liked it.

In fact, he was slightly bothered that it ended so quickly. And he didn’t even get the boy’s name.

Jason was pulled from his thoughts as one of his friends asked “What was that all about?”

“I have no idea” Jason answered, turning back to his friends with a shrug as he lost sight of the boy disappearing into the crowd.

---

Jason wasn’t sure how long time it had been, but it felt like a while. He was on his way to the kitchen to grab another drink when he saw the boy again. He looked like he was about to leave, with whom Jason assumed was the boy’s friends. Jason made his way through the crowd that was separating them, grabbing the boy by his shoulder when he finally reached him. The boy turned around in surprise.

"I never got your name" Jason said with a smile. The boy smiled back at him, though confusion evident on his face. He seemed to be hesitating before he stuttered out "Lucifer" with a slight grimace. "My parents were feeling rebellious" he offered as an explanation, and added "Most people just call me Lu"

"Jason" Jason said back, holding out his hand. The boy shook it as he mumbled "I know"

AN:

This might be the start of a story. But for now, I’ll leave it as a one-shot.

Fun fact: the boy’s (full) name is Lucifer Cross.

You know, just for the hell of it (pun intended, haha)

…Sorry, my sense of humor is terrible, I know :P

Lu/Lucifer on the cover

Jason Blake on the side--> 

More character images in the external link

Dedicated to @iampandemonium, 'cause she's amazing, and the reason I bother to even try to post stuff...