Hotter Than Hell - Blackmail

Chapter Nine – Blackmail

It’s been two days since Mrs. Buckhart had caught Jason and I kissing and nothing had happened. I hadn’t heard from her neither had I been summoned into Principal Adams office for questioning. I had of course tried talking to Mrs. Buckhart on several occasions about the incident but she was never home, maybe she was avoiding me but I couldn’t tell for sure.

Nevertheless the suspense of waiting for something to happen was killing me, if she was going to report me I wish she would do it quickly so I wouldn’t have to wake up in the middle of the night after having nightmares of Principal Adams disgracing me in front of the entire school board.

 “……so I think if we implement the new program it should solve the problem. That will be all for now.” Principal Adams said.

Currently we were having a teachers meeting, because apparently the use of drugs among Raven High students was on the rise and the principal thought searching the lockers of student regularly might slow the drug epidemic down.

I on the other hand didn’t agree but I had too much problems on my plate to be bothered and I didn’t see why I should contribute when I would be fired any day now.

After the meeting was over I walked back to the teacher’s staff room to catch up on some reading and finish grading the assignments.  Walking back I found several students staring at me, at first It didn’t bother me but when I suddenly remembered what had happened to me a few days ago, I began to wonder if any of those innocent faces looking at me could have attacked me. The more I looked into their faces the more scared I became.

I should have never have come to this school, I mused miserably, but another part of me told me if I hadn’t I wouldn’t have met Jason, and even though our relationship was complicated it felt good to have known him.

The staff room was deserted when I arrived; I assumed the rest of the teachers were either at their individual classes on were out for lunch. The minute I sat down I felt something was wrong, remembering the snake incident suddenly; I looked around my desk cautiously searching for anything that was out of place.

After four minutes I was about to say it was all in my head when I noticed that my laptop was no longer in my bag and it was sitting on my desk. That was odd I don’t remember taking it out. Maybe one of the teachers must have borrowed it without permission….. or the worst scenario could be that someone could have hacked into my laptop looking for information.

Curious and nervous I reached for it and realized whoever had used it had not turned it off; and my laptop was also frozen on a web page. It was a blog talking about occultism in a school, at first I didn’t know what to make of it but after I read it I understood. Someone was trying to tell me something.

The blog talked about a teacher who brainwashed his students and made them practice occultism, it also said the teacher made his student terrorize other teachers. Their aim was to isolate the teacher with fear and drive them mad; when these teachers been terrorized couldn’t handle it anymore the other teacher would move in for the kill because he thrived on fear. He would then explain to his student that this teacher was a sacrifice which would be offered to a pagan god who would make them more beautiful or handsome, famous and rich. And apparently lots of students believed this lie and did whatever this teacher asked of them.

After reading the article again for the third time I couldn’t help but suspect that this article had something to do with all the attacks and bloody notes I had received. The same thing must be arising in raven high and someone obviously wanted me to know what was going on right? Or this could be a pure coincidence…….but still.