Preface

I want to start off by saying that this story is based off of someone I know. Some of the actions have been changed and some scenarios may have never happened, but the main characters are all based off people who were there in those moments and are important to the story line.

The truth is that there is this boy, a boy who was amazing and complicated and good, and I want to tell his story. I don't know if it's my right too. I also don't know how he would feel about me putting his whole life out there, but I feel as it needs to be told. I don't even know if I am telling it the way it should be told. He inspired me to write again and I want to write this story for him.

So just know that the boy in this story is real. The way I describe him, his background, his own personal struggles, his actions, his words, are all taken from this boy. Sure a few things are different because I can't get it all right or all word for word, but just know they are as close as I can get them.

So, if he ever reads this, which let's be honest he probably never will, I just want him to know how I saw him and how much he changed my life in the short time I knew him.

Even if you didn't believe it, you mattered. Not just to me but to everyone around you. You told me once that everyone eventually leaves you. That's not true. Not matter your faults, I'll always be here. As a friend or more, I don't really care. And if I ever see you again, I hope you find whatever it was that you were looking for. You deserve it.

I also want you to know this is my own personal way of saying goodbye. Because the truth is that this is the only way I know how.

I just hope I get this right.

Love, Megan.

The girl who hopes you find the love you were so desperately looking for.