Modern Day Cinderella

*1 hour later*

I was currently lying down on my back on the floor playing with a slinky that I found in a box I was unpacking. Slinky, slinky, oh what a wonderful toy. Slinky, slinky, fun for a girl or a boy. I sang to myself. Honestly, Slinkys are the best toys ever and who ever invented them I just want to give them a big hug for their creativity. I managed to get all of my clothes unpacked into my dressers and closet. I was also able to unpack all my books into my bookshelf where I found this slinky and ended up where I am right now. You could say that I had been very productive today and would soon be done unpacking but with my laziness I'll probably never be finished until October and its March right now.

I still haven't figured out what I'm going to wear later and here I am lying down on the floor looking up at the ceiling. I left some outfit choices on the bed so I quickly jumped up off the ground and stood in front of the decisions. I was almost there I mean; I had it down to 4 outfit choices so that was somewhat good. Normally I would show up in my asphalt grey sweatpants or my Adidas because I was never one to over think about what I was going to wear but this time it seemed different. I suddenly felt the need to look good night.

Maybe it was because it is as if every good looking guy had a huge hot guy meeting and decided to go to this wonderful school called Degrassi which I now attend and I don't want to look like an idiot in front of them.

I decided to take a picture of me in each of the outfits and send them to Imogen so I could get her opinion on them. She knows like all the boys there plus she's got a killer style. Once they were all tried on and sent I waited for Imogen's reply. I wonder which one she's going to like. Actually, I wonder which one Adam and Eli are going to like.

Dakota what are you thinking? You barely know any of these guys. Yes I know but I can't help myself; Adam is so caring and Eli is so mysterious it makes him adorable. I don't know anything anymore. I mentally slapped myself. I feel like there is the devil and an angel on my shoulders talking to me. A part of me wants to go for the boys but the other part is telling me to slow down and breathe.

I sat there waiting for Imogen's reply for what seemed like forever. I continued playing with my wonderful slinky until my mom called me down for supper. This was the first time I was having supper with my mom in a while. I'm used to having supper at my friend Mackenzie's house before we moved because mom would always be on business trips and leave me with them. She would leave for half a year on business and it would just be me, my friend Mackenzie and her 22 year old brother Griffin. That was ok with me though because with Griffin there were no rules. I had complete freedom and we agreed to never tell my mom about it. It was every man (or woman) for themselves. Of course he paid for the food but whatever Mackenzie and I did he never got mad at us. One night we came home completely shit faced and he made sure we didn't throw up all over the place and helped us with our Saturday morning hangovers. I was grateful he didn't tell my mom about that because I would surely be dead if she ever found out. 3 years now and my mom has no idea I lost my virginity to a 22 year old when I was 15 and I drink like tis nobody's business. Good think Griffin is good at secrets. Cheers to me

As I slowly dragged myself down the stairs I took out my phone and quickly texted Imogen telling her to get back to me about the outfits and that I was going to eat supper. Only a couple more hours and it's party time. I thought to myself.

I wish we still lived in California and that Mackenzie and Griffin still lived across the street so I could just go over there. I really missed them and for the past 2 weeks of being here, eating with my mom has been full on awkward city. I jumped over the banister about 3 steps before the bottom. I was an eager hungry beaver. I knew my mom had been making spaghetti with tomato sauce and that was my favourite dish.