Chapter 21: Heat

1) Sorry it took some time to update! My junior prom was yesterday (April 25th) so all week I was focused on school and getting ready for that.

2) Mild mature/sexual content. For those of you who don't like to read more intimate stuff, well...don't read the whole chapter. Please do not make yourself uncomfortable by reading if you don't want to. It's totally ok!

~

Jasmine's POV

I turned my car off and sighed as I looked at the school in front of me. Monday came a lot faster than I hoped. This is when Ryder would come to my car and hold my hand as we walked in together, and even though it's such a small gesture, I'm sad we won't be doing it.

The unusual warmth and pain hadn't happened again since yesterday. I tried to get my mom to let me stay home just in case but since it hasn't happened again, I seem fine. Plus I don't really want to explain to her what exactly happened to me, because I myself don't know.

I got out of my car and started to head towards the front door when I hear Lauren call my name. I turned around to see a sad look on her face.

"Hi." She whispered attempting to smile.

"Hi." I said back with a light smile.

"Jasmine, I'm sorry I didn't tell you everything. I feel like such a shitty friend. I just didn't think it was my place to tell you before Ryder, and it's really complicated and you probably hate me and-"

I cut her off, "It's ok. I don't hate you, Laur. I don't hate any of you. Apology accepted."

She smiled at me with hope in her eyes. "Really?"

I smiled. "Really. I get it-"

It happened so suddenly once again. The temperature of my body started to increase. I took a deep breath in trying to ignore it.

"Are you ok?" Lauren asked.

"I'm fine," My body got even hotter and then the pain down there came once again. I crossed my legs in discomfort, "I'll meet you in class, I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I began to try to head inside but Lauren's reaction stopped me.

"Oh my god." Lauren's eyes widened and she put her hand over her mouth.

"What?" I asked her.

"Shit." She looked around nervously.

I followed her gaze to see people walking into school but looking at me first. They looked at me with what seems to be hunger in their eyes. But it's not everyone, it's just guys?

"Come on. We have to get you out of here." She grabbed my arm leading me back to my car. The pain mixed with the heat is getting excruciating.

"Here I'll drive," She grabbed my keys from my hand, "You can't while you're in heat."

"While I'm in what?" I asked getting into the passenger side of my car.

"Heat. It's something a female wolf goes into awhile after they mate."

"Ok just because I know about werewolves now doesn't mean I suddenly understand werewolf talk. Plus, I'm clearly not a wolf so it can't be happening to me."

"Trust me, it's heat. I can smell it."

I looked at her in shock and confusion.

"You can smell it?"

"Werewolves have a really keen sense of smell, so yeah, I can smell it."

"Oh god, you're kidding. Ok what do you mean it happens after they mate? What's that?"