Chapter 10

I wanna start with a huge thanks to every reader who is reading this story<3! The story has almost reached 60,000 reads and i couldn't have done it without you!! And also a special thanks to the silent readers for commenting on the last chapter. I enjoyed reading your comments.

I also wanna dedicate this chapter to @Bamagranna love reading your comments.

Xx

Shawn Pyfrom as Jeff Thompson >>

Brian Crain - Promise

----------------------

I looked up to see a very pissed Nathaniel standing in front of my desk, followed by an overprotected looking Jeff. “Not now,” I said as I laid my head back on the desk. 

"Oh we're doing this now! Why didn't you contact me?" he said, anger clear in his voice. His clenched fists indicated that he was trying to control his anger, which by the looks of it took a lot of effort on his part.

"I wasn't thinking," I said trying to sound calm so he wouldn't explode. I thought back at how I reacted with Andy and Jeff, this was the opposite of that. I guess the mate bond made sure I had a soft spot for Nate. It was probably both ways, maybe that's why I let him get it out of his system and not go all Alpha on him like I did with the guys. 

"Damn right, you weren't thinking!" he said, raising his voice.

I tolerated his yelling because I knew he only did it because he was worried. That thought made me rethink some things.

I found myself being pleased that he was worried. It showed me that he cared for me, yet if Jeff showed any sign of worry it would make me feel suppressed and incompetent. As manly as it may sound, it felt really like he crushed my ego. 

I tolerated Nate's yelling, but Jeff wasn't too pleased with the way he spoke to me. He came to stand protectively next to me, taking in his position at my right flank as my Beta, ready to protect me if the big angry Alpha tried to hurt me. I admired his courage at that moment, he knew Nathaniel was stronger, but it didn’t stop him from protecting me.

Little did he know, Nathaniel would never hurt me.

"Why the hell do you even care, huh? What's in it for you? Did you want to know so you could've gave him a better getaway?" Jeff glared accusingly in Nathaniel's direction as he took a step in his direction, placing himself between Nathaniel and me.

Jeff let his guards down in case I needed him, because he still thought there was a possible danger. That also made him move closer to Nathaniel, that way if Nathaniel ‘decided to strike’ he would get to Jeff first. I felt a little proud of Jeff that he took his duties seriously, but Nathaniel couldn't tolerate more by the looks of it; he was ready to blow.

Therefore I spoke before Nathaniel lost his patience, "Jeff-"

"No no, let him vent," Nathaniel cut me off and waved his hand dismissively in my direction. "It was his fault he escaped in the first place. He needs to get this off of his chest," Nathaniel held a grim expression on his face.

His words were making Jeff mad, he already felt bad about the whole thing and here Nathaniel was shoving it in his face.

"You think you know everything, don't you?" Jeff snapped, taking another step forward and gave Nate a little shove before he continued. "Only it seems to me that you forgot one thing, this is NOT your pack. So if she chooses not to contact you about something that happened on OUR land, she's free to do so."

I felt the guilt go through me and guarded my thoughts before Jeff could hear them. He didn’t know Nathaniel was my mate and I was the one keeping that information from him. I was about to tell him that Nathaniel was my mate, but the murderous glare he was giving Nathaniel stopped me.