Prologue

Bitter Blood is in fact a novel that includes werewolves but it's not going to have all those overused ideas floating around this genre on Wattpad. There are NO DESTINED MATES and therefore NO REJECTION. I love feedback and I'm happy to read whatever you have to say about the story. Your support gives me the confidence and motivation I need to write so thank you all for what you contribute. Hope you enjoy!
-grace

                                                 P A R T  O N E

                            "The path to paradise begins in hell."

                                             ― Dante Alighieri

Prologue

When I was six years old, my mother disappeared.

There was no warning or explanation to why or where she went. It was just one day she was here smiling and laughing and the next she was gone.

I was alone from then on. My father was different. Quiet, sullen, drunk. He was never smiling or laughing, he barely even talked.

So I learnt to do things myself. Cook, clean, work. I earned as much money as I could in a dead end job, shuffling dishes and dealing with a seamless stream of customers.

When I was seven, a few years before I got my first job and my father lost his own, I met a girl named Avery. She was my first real friend. I had only just begun my first year of primary school when my mother left and practically pushed me off the first rung of the social ladder.

I didn't expect sympathy and I didn't get it. Instead I got a school full of kid's and teachers distancing themselves from me, as if I had a disease they were afraid of catching.

But that changed when I met Avery. She was a little blonde seven year old with the heart of a lion. She was brave and smart, always making jokes and mucking around. She stood up for me when kid's gave me a hard time and gave me gifts on my birthday when my father hadn't even remembered.

We stuck by each other and made plans and promises that we swore to keep. Like traveling to Italy together when we were eighteen, or egging Mrs. Burnard's house on Halloween. We were mischievous and crazy. We were best friends.

And then, just like my mother, Avery disappeared.

And I never saw her again.