Blood Bound

Prologue - Awaken 

I don't remember who I was before I awaken. 

My memories began when I woke in a deserted dark alley filled with rodents and reeked of decaying flesh, naked, with an unbearable thirst that seemed to scorch my throat. 

No name.

No family. 

No identity. 

I picked myself up, my limbs were almost paralyzed, making me wonder how long have I've laid there motionless. My skin was as pale as the dead under the moonlight, immune to the winter's breeze that ought to deliver biting pain through my body. 

I wobbled onto the dirty pavement, the silence of the night was cracked by the sounds of my dragging feets and the sloshing mud. I couldn't think straight, my mind was filled with a sense of  infathomable hunger. I could see nothing but the darkness that surrounded me, and sparks of red that occasionally flashes through my eyes. 

A deep guttural sound pierced through the silence, and I realized that I was snarling, my gums were hurting, as if there were sharp objects pricking and pushing out of my sensitive flesh, my saliva was dripping uncontrollably. 

As the immense pain overruled my body, my mind went into a blank state, all my attention was focused on the havoc wrecked inside my mouth. I lifted my filthy hands to cover my mouth, hoping I could somehow stop the pain, but it was stained with blood. Dark colored blood. 

Spasms of pain travelled through my body and my stomach rumbled intensely, I felt defeated and exhausted, even though I had just awaken. My wobbly knees gave out and I fell onto the mud, wishing for death to take the pain away. 

The last thing I remembered seeing was a pair of glowing lights. I smiled, knowing my suffering will end. 

And I returned to the darkness.