What Part Of Keep A Low Profile Was So Hard To Understand?

"You're late!" Luke frowned and looked at his watch as I trudged onto the field. "An hour late..." 

Sighing, I threw my hair into a bun and nodded. "Yeah, sorry it is kind of a long story."

Luke looked over his shoulder and I did the same. Most of the gods had turned their attention on to me with surprise and doubts, I guess they did not approve of tardiness. Luke leaned in close to my ear and whispered. "You had better give it your all out there, cause the gods have already put you in their books as lazy."

"Being a little late doesn't mean I am lazy." I pointed my nose in the air and turned on my heel in the direction of the armory so I could gear up.

"Yeah, but being an hour late is not a 'little tardy' Olive." Luke scolded me and walked with me to the armory.

Smiling, I nodded and continued through the door to grab a sword for my first training session and some chain mail.

They had all of the campers line up and go one on one with each other so the gods could see how we did in face to face combat. 

"Olive," a cold voice called from behind me. "Lets go one on one." 

My left eye twitched a little as I realized that the voice belonged to a very powerful and very pissed off Annabeth. I was not stupid, I had heard about Annabeth;s battle skills and they were definitely far superior to my own, so the only reason she wanted to fight me was to prove a point. To whom, that I did not have a clue.

"Uh, sure Annabeth." I flashed a smile at her that she did not return. In a blink of an eye, Annabeth lunged at me-catching me off guard-and cut at my arm. It was only a flesh wound but it stung like a bitch and caused me to bleed slowly. 

Annabeth lunged for me again, but this time I was ready for her and blocked her. This she quickly recovered by jabbing her sword at my stomach, cutting through the chain mail and grazing my abdomen. 

I still was not used to fighting with all of this heavy armor and weaponry, so I kicked out her leg from under her to remove her sword from my chain mail, catching her by surprise and sending her sprawling onto the ground.

Grinning, I was about to bring the hilt of my sword down on her chest, but she was up again and swung her sword towards my head, to with I dropped to my knees to block. Annabeth noticed my small window of vulnerability and took charge by ramming the blunt part of her sword into my side and knocking me onto my butt. Then once I was down, she smacked the hilt of her sword into my forehead and slicing open the tender skin of my temporal bone.

Adrenaline and anger began to coarse through my veins as I rolled out from under her and sprung back onto my feet. My heart pumped faster and I looked down, hoping that my aura would not start to glow. That would be the last thing I needed right now. 

I felt a small drop of blood roll down my cheek and it sparked something deep inside me-a new sensation that I had never felt before and my eyesight was beginning to turn a tinted red color.

Annabeth was about to charge at me once more, but this time I took control and lunged first, twisting my blade so the blunt part would smack her across the temple which she was not expecting. Annabeth hissed and dropped into a crouch, but not before absorbing most of the impact.

Almost with ease, I handled my blade and brought it back down on her before she could roll away and this time I landed a hit across her cheek and causing a steady flow. For a few seconds she was frozen with shock, not believing that I had actually drew blood from her. I smirked at her and wiggled my eyebrows at her, pissing her off further.

She let out a loud battle cry, drawing the attention of a few groups of fighters next to us, and side swiped at me. My brain was almost in a red haze, and my actions were second nature to me. I turned to the left and watched as her blade missed me completely and I lifted my sword, swiping it at her exposed right side, shallowly cutting her hip bone.