[Chapter 13:]

Yellow was the color of the night.

Recovered from the back of my closet was a short, pale, lacey yellow dress that i'd been dying to wear, but had never found the right reason to wear out.

Tonight was that right reason...for more reasons then one.

Oh God! What am I going to say to him? Hi Ansel! My vagina seems to want you, but I don't even know if I like you as a human being, wanna sleep with me?

I slapped a hand to my head as I looked around my closet for my favorite pair of black open toed heels from Lulu's.

I finally found them and stepped infront of my mirror again. My hair was pinned back into a sleek low bun with some of my natural hair escaping it slightly.

"Mommy you look so p'weety!"

I looked up from strapping on my heels to see Ella standing in my doorway with her Doc McStuffins doll.

I smiled at her and she came running over into my arms. God she was getting so tall!

I kissed her head gently, "Thank you baby." I brushed the curly strand of hair away from her face, revealing her chubby cheeks and the large hazel eyes that she'd inherited from her father. She was the most gorgeous little thing that i'd ever seen, and maybe I was bias since i'd given birth to her, but Ella was a rare beauty, and i knew that she'd grow up into a gorgeous young lady.

And everybody around her knew it...

She came to stand in between my legs, and I hugged her tightly, pressing a small kiss at the top of her head.

Wow time flies. "I love you Ella."

She smiled and hugged me back, "I love you too mommy."

I fluffed up her little ponytail sitting high on her head and stood next to her. I made a move to ask if she had all of her toys packed, but the doorbell rang cutting my thoughts short.

It must be Kells already.

"Are you ready to go to Kelly's house Ellie?"

She nodded her head excitedly and dashed out of my room quickly without another word. I shook my head with a happy smile on my face as I made my way downstairs and to the door. Kelly, my older cousin by a year stood in the door way with her four year old Tasha.

Tasha's eyes lit up, and she almost tackled me trying to give me a hug. "Sagey!" I smiled and picked her up, twirling her around. "Hey babygirl!" She giggled and I tapped her nose sweetly, "You've gotten so big Tashy!"

She smiled and I noted that one of her two front teeth were gone, "I grew an inch Sage!"

The little girl's enthusiasm was infectious, "That's amazing babe!"

I placed Tasha down and ushered for Kelly to come in "Hey girl! Come on in, Ella will be down in a second."

"Tashy get down so I can give her a hug too!" I laughed and Tash jumped down from my arms and hopped up the stairs to Ella.

I turned around and pulled Kelly into a hug. She was always a breath of fresh air. We'd grown up as sisters more than cousins. And when I'd gotten pregnant with Ella she'd just been another link in my support system chain. She was the best. Whenever I needed a babysitter for Ella she was there, and whenever she and her husband Carter needed a break from Tash she knew who to call.

She pulled away from me and fanned herself, "Sage you look amazing! Hot date?"

Seeing Ansel briefly doesn't count Sage. I laughed. "No just going to a party that Kim is throwing for her engagement."