Chapter 10: Trusting a Girl Bodyguard

“What happened?” Dean asked.

Harris lowered his eyes, “Taylor never told me how.”

Dean sighed, “Maybe that’s why she has to be strong.” He whispered, “Maybe that’s why she wanted to be a bodyguard.”

Harris lowered down, “You could say that,” his softened his eyes, “but I think that there is more to it.”

Dean silenced. He couldn’t believe that a person like her can go through so much trouble. He thought that he was the only person in the world who was missing that warmth from parents. But now after hearing this from Harris, her closest friend, he guessed that he wasn’t the only person anymore.

Harris looked at Dean and smiled, “What’s going through your mind now?” He asked, still smiling.

Dean’s eyes widened, “What else do you think?”

Harris raised an eyebrow to him, “You know,” he paused, flipping through the newspaper in his lap, “now that I think of it, I guess she trusts you pretty fast.”

“Fast?”

“Yeah.” Harris said, still flipping through the papers, “It took me three years to gain her trust.” He said smiling, “And I thought that, that was long. Other people like her mates in Black Arrow Academy, took six to seven years. Or maybe even people like her stepmother. It seems like a never.”

Harris folded the paper and placed it back where it belongs, on the coffee table in front of them. “So I guess you broke the record for gaining her trust.” He ended his sentence looking back at Dean, who was confused.

“I broke the record?” Dean questioned, his eyes glimmering under the lights.

“Yeah, man.” Harris said, “I took three years, and you took,” he replied searching for another newspaper on the coffee table, “two days. That’s fast.”

Dean silenced. He never knew that, though he hasn’t even thought of it yet. But to be honest he trusts her, for some reason. And maybe because he trusts her, she trusts him. He sat there still thinking.

Harris smiled, “It’s good that she has another friend.” He glanced at Dean, “A friend that she can trust perhaps.”

Dean’s eyes widened, “What do you mean by that?” He questioned.

“Just nothing,” Harris grinned, “By the looks, you seem like a player,” He sighed, “And well, that is something that girls can rarely –”

“What you guys up to now?” I entered, opening the door, seeing the both of them talking loudly to each other. “Are you guys talking about me?”

They stared at each other and answered, “No.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Really?”

They nodded simultaneously.

“You guys are creepy me out with that same time speaking and nodding thing.” I looked at them both.

They paused and looked at me.

“You changed your clothes?” Dean said pointing at my black suit.

“Yea.” I nodded, “Is there a problem?”

“No.” He answered.

“Actually,” Harris started, “Yes.”

I glared at him.

“I enjoy it more when you’re wearing a dress.” He smiled.

I glared at him again.

“What?” He said, looking at me awkwardly, “You look nice in the dress.”