Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I badly have this habit of eating a bunch of chocolates when I am in situations that gives me a bummer head and heart ache. Since many believe that chocolates could take your worries away and could even mend your broken heart. But I hardly believe it. Why? Could chocolates bring back the dead to life? Only the creator can.

“So are you happy now that you’ve finally taken something away from me?” I turned around to my twin sister as she faced me with a face of disgust.

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Never in my life have I dreamt of taking away something that is yours.”

“Then I suppose you are not numb.” She retorted with a smile as she stepped closer to me.

“I am not you, Persephone.” I told her.

“I know and never will you be.” She prompted. “Because what is mine is mine. You know me too well, Psyche. We may have been born as twins but clearly we are different. I am always at the front and you…” she circles around me. “…you’re always at the back.”

I scoffed. “Right, for about two hours and you don’t let me forget it.”

She stopped in front of me and she sighed. “To tell you frankly, I don’t know why it has to be you instead of me. You are not even in love with Cupid.”

I looked away as her sapphire eyes bored into me.

“Oh my gosh… you do!” she shrieked teasingly and she narrowed her eyes at me with scorn. “You are not only a taker you are also a bitch.”

“And if I am then what does that make you? A twat?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

She gaped at me in shock. I know I am the only one who could stand up against her.

“Listen, Psyche. I don’t know what the hell our parents are pulling but I’m not going to sit here and just look at you while you start to steal everything that is mine.”

“I am not stealing anything from you, Pers. And if you are referring to Cupid, you two are already over. He said that himself.” I prompted bravely as I matched her blue eyes with my green ones.

She laughed. “He told you that?” she murmured something under her breath.

I opened my mouth to add something but then she continued.

“I don’t care whatever you do, Psyche. But so you know, Cupid is not the guy you would definitely like. I’ve been with the guy before you.”

I feigned touched feelings. “Awww. You care now? How sweet of you.” I crooned.

She looks at me like she’s holding back a bitch-slap. And then she moves smoothly towards me like a snake. “Oh yes I do, sis. I just want to make sure that you are well taken care of. That is why I am just…”

The next thing I know is that she has pushed me to the ground. “…taking you to where you belong. The ground. Right beneath me.”

Before I could get another argument out of my mouth, our sister; Phoebe went out of the house.

“What are you two still doing out here? It’s freezing, go get inside!” she ordered.

Persephone gave me a smug glance and she went inside the house ahead of me.

“Well, little Psyche would you still want to play in the rain?” Phoebe asked and I looked at the sky and the clouds are indeed turning gray.

I hugged myself as I felt a raindrop hit my shoulder and I run immediately inside as Phoebe closed the door behind me.